PDA

View Full Version : Something Only an Aviation Nut Would Notice

heeshung
2008-01-01, 02:40 PM
I don't know how many people here are gamers, but you've probably heard of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare one way or another. I'm not really a person that looks for errors in games, but this one just happened to catch my eye.

View the full image if you need a closer look.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/02fee3f6fb175fe4b65f6248ade024f6fe46a7ff.png

On first inspection, nothing looks out of the ordinary in this screenshot. Most of the gaming community probably wouldn't find any errors if they tried. But upon closer inspection, notice that the heli's facing me, the player. Turn it 180 degrees, and you'll see that the red nav light is on the right side, while the green is on the left. The red's supposed to be on the left, signaling to other aircraft on the heli's left side that the heli has the right of way and they canoot pass, and the green on the right, signaling to aircraft on the right side of the heli that they have the right of way and can pass.

PhilDernerJr
2008-01-01, 03:40 PM
haha. Good eye. :)

I've been playing Call of Duty 3 a lot, and really enjoying it. I'm excited to beat it and move on to COD4.

As for errors like that, I love those things that only we realize.

Eddie.
2008-01-06, 12:52 AM
Regardless of an aviation flaw. COD4 is great.