PDA

View Full Version : Why do some Chinese Resturants have photos with green tints

LGA777
2007-12-30, 01:11 PM
Last week I was getting takeout at one of my neighborhood Chinese Resturants and I realized about half the overhead menu photos had a strong green tint, making some of the food look very un-appeitizing (green fried chicken). Then Friday we ate at a Westchester Chinese Buffet and the large typical Chinese wall photos of scenary had the same un-attractive (IMO) strong green tint. I then realized this is common with both Chinese buffets and take-out resturants, anybody no why? BTW I mean no disrespect to their culture, and I enjoy eating at both regulary.

Just curios

LGA777

T-Bird76
2007-12-30, 02:54 PM
Ron I've never noticed the green tint but I'm not a fan of pictures of food to begin with...something about it just makes me sort of lose my craving...now you got me in the mood for Chinese though, lol

cancidas
2007-12-30, 02:55 PM
maybe because they've been hanging there for the past 10 years... :borat:

mirrodie
2007-12-30, 05:17 PM
That has to be one of hte most perceptive posts I've ever read.

NOw I need to get some Chinese food too and see for myself!

LGA777
2007-12-30, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, keep in mind for anyone curious you could probably hit 4 or 5 places and not see this, or hit 4 or 5 and everyone would have at least some green. Also since I heard from both Tommy and Mario, and I am under the impression you both work not that far from FRG and although I have not eaten at it in about 5 years there was a pretty good Chinese Buffet on the north side of the airport, not to far from Home Depot in a little shopping center. Like I said, been a while but it used to be good and cheap back when I was a Long Islander.

LGA777

T-Bird76
2007-12-30, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, keep in mind for anyone curious you could probably hit 4 or 5 places and not see this, or hit 4 or 5 and everyone would have at least some green. Also since I heard from both Tommy and Mario, and I am under the impression you both work not that far from FRG and although I have not eaten at it in about 5 years there was a pretty good Chinese Buffet on the north side of the airport, not to far from Home Depot in a little shopping center. Like I said, been a while but it used to be good and cheap back when I was a Long Islander.

LGA777

Yes Ron I know the place you speak of. We sometimes go there for lunch, its not bad. The buffet we do for the slide show I think is better IMO.