PDA

View Full Version : Virgin America to sponsor the LA Lakers

Midnight Mike
2007-12-24, 11:45 PM
Virgin America to sponsor the LA Lakers

"Virgin America is now a "Proud Sponsor of the Los Angeles Lakers" for all of the superstar team's 41 2007-08 home games. Fans seated in Virgin America's courtside seats will get the "celeb treatment" with Virgin America gift bags and VIP service during selected games from Virgin America's courtside "flight attendants."

"As California's only hometown airline, we are thrilled to partner with the Lakers," said Virgin America Vice President of Marketing Porter Gale. "The Virgin America brand is all about bringing entertainment, fun and the celeb-treatment to the skies and the Lakers are famous the world over for bringing the same things to basketball. We're a perfect match. Plus, we all kind of have a crush on Derek Fisher."

Virgin America and the Lakers will be hosting a number of sweepstakes, in-flight events and special promotions throughout the 2007-08 Season.

Virgin America's brand new planes feature moodlighting, custom-designed leather seats, the most advanced in-flight entertainment system in the U.S and a host of other innovative features aimed at bringing a little fun back to flying. From a video touch-screen at every seat, guests on Virgin America can order food, watch one of 25 movies or a Lakers game on live TV, play a videogame, create a playlist from 3,000 MP3s or even text message other guests in-flight.

"Virgin America is an ideal partner for the Lakers," said Lakers' Vice President of Broadcasting & Marketing, Keith Harris. "Their energy and fresh ideas make them a pleasure to work with on unique activation programs. We look forward to a long and rewarding relationship."

Launched in August 2007, Virgin America flies to San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, Las Vegas, San Diego (starting Feb. 12, 2008) and Seattle (starting March 18, 2008).

About Virgin America: As America's newest airline, Virgin America plans to serve as many as 30 cities in its first five years. Virgin America's base of operations is San Francisco International Airport's ultra-modern, spacious and convenient International Terminal, which was completed in 2000. The airline's brand-new Airbus A320-family aircraft offer guests their own interactive in-flight entertainment systems, plugs for laptops and other portable electronic devices and a host of other features aimed at bringing a little fun back to flying. In Zagat's 2007 Global Airlines Survey of 7,500 frequent fliers, Virgin America was ranked number one among all domestic carriers for overall quality in First/Business Class and second among all domestic carriers for overall quality in the Main Cabin. To learn more: http://www.virginamerica.com.

nwafan20
2007-12-25, 12:40 AM
Do I sense theme plane?

Midnight Mike
2007-12-25, 03:01 PM
Do I sense theme plane?

I was waiting for somebody to say it! :mrgreen:

lijk604
2007-12-27, 12:41 PM
I cannot (and do not want to) picture a Yellow & Purple aircraft. YUCK!

nwafan20
2007-12-29, 11:24 PM
Yellow and Purple? It's been done ;)

[airlinerstp://www.airliners.net/open.file/0339851/L/[/airliners

lijk604
2007-12-30, 09:51 PM
...and I will repeat...YUCK

JHNA57
2007-12-31, 11:18 AM
Yellow and Purple

Anybody remember HUGHES AIRWEST (The Big Bannana)

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?airlinesearch=Hughes%20Airwest&distinct_entry=true)

By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL