PDA

View Full Version : Smith: 'Hitler was a good person'

Midnight Mike
2007-12-24, 10:59 AM
Will Smith has stunned the world by declaring that even Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler was essentially a "good" person.

The Men In Black star, 39, is determined to see the best in people, and is convinced the former German leader did not fully understand the extent of the pain and suffering his actions would cause during his time in power in the 1930s and '40s.

He says, "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'Let me do the most evil thing I can do today'.

"I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good'. Stuff like that just needs reprogramming."

Hitler's totalitarian leadership as Fuhrer during 1934 until his eventual suicide in 1945 resulted in the persecution of an estimated six million Jews in the Holocaust, and his invasion of Poland in 1939 led to the start of the Second World War.

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-24, 11:12 AM
I hope they don't try to make him out to be a racist. They are completely twisting his words.

emshighway
2007-12-24, 12:20 PM
If you really think about it Will Smith is right. Like extremisst today he felt his methods were correct to preserve his idea of a master race. You have extremist today that feel if you don't believe in their god, their way, you should be killed.

alexg32
2007-12-25, 12:42 AM
He didn't say Hitler was good, he said that Hitler thought he was good. This is why people don't like the media.

NIKV69
2007-12-25, 12:08 PM
This is much to do about nothing. I remember when Marge Schott said something similiar. It was actually more expected from her since everyone thought she was a Nazi. In the end Will Smith will still make movies and go put 100 Million in the bank each time.