PDA

View Full Version : Bank Gives $1,000 to STaff...to Give to Charity

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-18, 02:15 PM
FARGO, N.D. — A bank is giving its full-time employees $1,000 each and part-time employees $500 each. There's one condition — use it for people in need.

State Bank & Trust Chief Operating Officer Michael Solberg said each full-time employee will receive $1,000 and each part-time employee will receive $500, as part of a $502,000 "Pay it Forward" initiative.

"We're going to really see some huge impact on our community," Solberg said.

Employees were told not to use the money for themselves, their families or families of other bank employees. The bank asked each employee to document the good deed with a video camera. The deadline is June 30.

The employees were told they may choose an individual cause, pool their money for a larger project or collaborate with donors outside the bank. The privately owned bank has more than 500 employees, he said. (read more) (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317233,00.html)

If you had this money, what charitable way would you use it?

RDU-JFK
2007-12-18, 02:19 PM
I would donate it to breast cancer research.

T-Bird76
2007-12-18, 02:54 PM
I'd give the $1000 to either the National Park Foundation or the World Wildlife Fund.

Mellyrose
2007-12-18, 03:00 PM
I would find terminally ill and/or handicapped children in need, and make sure they are well fed, dressed warm and entertained for the holiday season.

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-18, 03:04 PM
I'd want to help the poor. Something more personal than just giving money to a charityor dropping clothes in a collection dumpster. I'd rather find some poor families and buy the kids toys, clothes, maybe get the parents some nice clothes, too, for job interviews or maybe some classes so they can improve themselves to help their families out more than they may be able.

MarkLawrence
2007-12-18, 03:22 PM
My choice would be for children in need - children that don't have families, little chance of experiencing the holidays properly - give them something to really experience a proper holiday season.

lijk604
2007-12-18, 04:17 PM
I'd use it to adopt a dog from a rescue group / shelter.
Get it the proper medical attention it needs, and find it a good home.

**I've already done this once, and wound up keeping the dog. I had her for the last 7 years, until she succumbed to congestive heart failure in October. We saved an abused Rat terrier who when she first met us, was so shy & timid she was afraid to enter our house. But she soon realized that we were not another family who was going to treat her wrong, and came around to be a very loyal and loving friend.

NIKV69
2007-12-18, 06:47 PM
ASPCA