PDA

View Full Version : Hell must have frozen over because I'm flying Delta Updated

T-Bird76
2007-12-17, 09:29 PM
So hell must have really frozen over because for New Years I'm flying out to Salt Lake City to spend New Years Eve with a friend. Since I'm only going for the night (have to be at work on Wed) the best way to get out there was non stop on DL, fare wasn't to bad either. But yes I'm flying DL...now someone go check on Chris W, I hope he didn't hit his head on something as he passed out, LOL. I will however blame Chris totally if anything goes wrong! LOL ;) Much like I blame Alex for WN's screw ups.

Delta 1003 JFK-SLC

Delta 1053/5366 SLC-ORD-JFK

NIKV69
2007-12-17, 09:41 PM
Go Delta! I am flying them home Monday and back here on Wed. LAS-JFK-LAS. I am looking forward to seeing their service since I haven't flown them in a very long time. Tommy if you get a dark blue sharpie you can change the last two letters on your license plate from WN to DL! Well you may need some white too.

MarkLawrence
2007-12-17, 11:23 PM
So hell must have really frozen over

Damn Tommy - this is all your fault! I had to wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt to work this morning - under 50 degrees in Florida - I KNEW there had to be a reason!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Actually....maybe Delta will surprise you!! :D

adam613
2007-12-17, 11:28 PM
Oh, the sacrifices we make to fly non-stop...

(I actually sorta like Delta. But I liked them a lot better when I could get on a 767 from FLL to LGA.)

nwafan20
2007-12-18, 12:34 AM
God help you Tommy, good luck ;)

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-12-18, 01:02 PM
Damn Tommy - this is all your fault! I had to wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt to work this morning - under 50 degrees in Florida - I KNEW there had to be a reason!!!

yeah, crazy weather, but a relief from the heat!

delta is okay, the only real problem I had was when they bumped my luggage off my flight home and put all the delayed luggage on my flight instead. six flights to DAB and they shoved it all on one! the line for the baggage office was very long that night, way out the door.
since you are going for one night, don't worry, carry on all the way!

njgtr82
2007-12-18, 05:59 PM

He could have flown Continental.......

PHL Approach
2007-12-18, 06:05 PM

W00T W00T!

T-Bird76
2007-12-18, 06:05 PM

That would have required crossing a bridge and paying a toll to get to an airport, no thanks, ;)

njgtr82
2007-12-18, 06:18 PM

That would have required crossing a bridge and paying a toll to get to an airport, no thanks, ;)
Oh yes thats right, this has been previously brought to my attention :lol:

NIKV69
2007-12-18, 06:43 PM
hat would have required crossing a bridge and paying a toll to get to an airport, no thanks,

Yes. I thought the same thing. It sure was nice when CO had express EMB145 to CLE from ISP and a flight to LAS. That was nice.

Matt Molnar
2007-12-19, 11:13 AM
Wow, only your two most despised airlines fly there nonstop, I'm surprised you're not just taking Greyhound. :)

T-Bird76
2007-12-19, 01:07 PM
Wow, only your two most despised airlines fly there nonstop, I'm surprised you're not just taking Greyhound. :)

I don't despise CO at all, never did, Delta perhaps but not CO. Problem with CO is you have to go to EWR and that's a trek from Eastern Long Island. I'm flying F class on DAL so I'm sure it will be comfortable on the three legs of the trip.

Matt Molnar
2007-12-19, 01:55 PM
I was referring to jetBlue as the other JFK-SLC carrier. :)

T-Bird76
2007-12-20, 12:31 AM
I was referring to jetBlue as the other JFK-SLC carrier. :)

You know I totally forgot B6 flew that route. I just checked though the fare was ten bucks higher then DAL and I'm flying F class on DAL so its a much better value.

Matt Molnar
2007-12-21, 12:55 PM
No blue chips = NO VALUE!

NIKV69
2007-12-25, 01:59 AM
Well I was very happy with my Delta flight today. We pushed on time and had nobody in front of us so we did a quick right turn and spooled up and took off. I have flown WN for the last year and almost forgot what it was like to have FAs dressed professionally. They wore these nice red hats too. Nice touch. Almost forgot what it was like to have an assigned seat too. It was great to sit at the gate and board when I wanted instead of lining up like the cattle feeding. The flight was empty which surprised me but I got my seat changed to a bulkhead and it was heaven. Also had my headset with me to I plugged in and watched some HBO they had on and then got out the notebook and watched the Governator kick mucho ass in "The Running Man" on DVD. Then as they went down the aisle with the food and bev cart for the second time I got a nice sandwich. I then cat napped for about an hour and woke up as we were getting ready to turn onto the 31L approach. Great service and a great flight. Go Delta!

T-Bird76
2008-01-02, 09:48 AM
Ok so I'm back from my quick trip to SLC and having flown Delta I'll say they weren't that bad. I flew F class r/t and the service was certainly on par with AA. On the out bound trip I had a 757 with the new cabin. The F class seats were very nice, a bit to Lazy Boyish though for me when compared to AA's F class seats; however DAL's seats were comfortable. I didn't use the IFE at all, I'd rather use my own iPod. The food was good and comparable to AA's.

On the way back I was on an MD-90 and a CRJ, the MD-90 was cool to fly on, never have before, and its very 717 like and again the F product was good. The CRJ....well it’s a CRJ, pretty standard. The one negative and IMO it’s a big one is the JFK terminal, while Delta has done what they can with it you can't compare it to AA's JFK gateway. Overall no complaints, flights were ontime for the most part and uneventful. So there Chris you should be happy now, lol

ChrisW
2008-01-03, 08:10 AM
Good. Now come get me out of the ER since I've now recovered from my stroke I had when I opened this thread. :mrgreen:

adam613
2008-01-03, 02:32 PM
Ha...of course it's tolerable in first class. Try flying coach with the rest of us and see how you like it :)

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-01-03, 05:45 PM
I didn't mind coach on the 757. I flew ATL-YVR r/t on a DL 757, coach and it wasn't all that bad. Now, first class would have been a plus, but coach was tolerable.