PDA

View Full Version : Are Ladies' Nights Discrimination?

RDU-JFK
2007-12-17, 02:03 PM
Saw this article today and it got me thinking...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071215/ap_ ... ies_nights (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071215/ap_on_fe_st/odd_ladies_nights)

If there were a "guy's night" at a sports bar or something I bet you dollars to donuts someone would call the discrimination card. The article compares ladies' nights at bars to "Early Bird Specials". Here's the flaw--anyone can go to an early bird special--old and young. And anyone can take advantage of the lower price. At a bar, women get lower-priced drinks while men pay full price. While ladies nights are discrimination, I feel that lawsuits are not justified. But then again I feel that most lawsuits are not justified regardless. :twisted:

What are your thoughts?

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-17, 02:32 PM
Here are a few points of logic to keep in mind in regards to "Ladies Night":

1. Whether it's Ladies Night or not, women will ALWAYS get free drinks from the sucker men who buy for them. Ladies Night merely saves these men money.

2. Ladies night attracts EVERYONE, not only the ladies that are too ugly to get free drinks from guys, but the guys that want to take advantage of the ugly girls who are now getting free drinks. "Ladies" Night truly is "Everyone's" Night.

3. If a bar is having a "Ladies Night", then I wouldn't want to go there anyway. Just their need to have one means that they need ridiculous promotions to get people in their bar, much less get attractive women. Don't like their promotions? Then why would you want to go there anyway when there are thousands of other places?

4. If my favorite bar was ever having a "Men's Night", it would not attract any extra women at all, and the name also sounds a little gay, which isn't my preference. I'd stay home, and "Men's Night" would fail.

Any guy that complains that it's discrimination is not a man, and needs to return his testicles to the Man Cave. Define "man cave" however you'd like.