PDA

View Full Version : My PM messages are being sent to the outbox

Midnight Mike
2007-12-12, 08:27 AM
Quick question, whenever I send a PM message & hit the send key, the PM gets sent to the outbox.

At work using a Dell computer, it could sit in the outbox for a couple of minutes to maybe 1 or 2 hours. At home using a MAC, the PM could go to the outbox & then go out in minutes, other times, like now, it could take a while.

It is something wrong with my settings?

Mike

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-12, 10:35 AM
The outbox means that your message was sent, and is removed from your outbox once the recipient reads it. If it sits in your outbox for a week, it was certainly sent, but the receipient did not yet read it.

Not to create drama between anyone, but if you sent a PM to someone and they didn't reply, but it's not in your inbox, you know you got ingored and they played you!!!! Kidding. Kinda. :twisted:

With that, I was just about to send you a PM, Mike! haha :mrgreen:

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-14, 12:52 PM
I'd also like to take this opportunity to explain that when you send a PM and it is sitting in your Outbox...and you decide to delete it from your outbox...the receiving member still gets a message saying something along the lines of "This member deleted a PM to you before you were able to read it."