PDA

View Full Version : "Spirit Airlines Ranks #1 in Email Brand Equity"

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-11, 12:39 PM
Press Release Source: Spirit Airlines, Inc.

Spirit Airlines Ranks #1 in Email Brand EquityTuesday December 11, 11:13 am ET

MIRAMAR, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week, Email Data Source, the leading provider of email competitive analysis data, ranked ultra low cost carrier Spirit Airlines as the number one airline in its latest Email Brand Equity Index™ ranking of marketers in the airline industry.

The study ranked airlines on the quality and effectiveness of their email marketing efforts, as well as the representation of their brands in third party e-mails. The Email Brand Equity Index™ is determined by compiling historical data on e-mail marketing messages and measuring a combination of factors, including the emails’ perceived effectiveness in driving website traffic and the quality of the delivered e-mail.

The study, which included both low cost carriers and legacy airlines, ranked Spirit Airlines above JetBlue, Continental, Ryanair, Lufthansa, Delta, American Airlines, US Airways, Northwest Airlines and Icelandair. (read more (http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071211/20071211005844.html?.v=1))

This actually does not surprise me. I get press releases and emails of sales from many airlines, and Spirirt is the only airline that ever grabbed my attention and made me interested in what they were saying.

JetBlue's emails are the worst. Constant press releases every time someone picks their nose, it is excessive, uninteresting and often just does not apply to anyone that cares. If I get something from Spirit, I know it's worth my attention ($9 flights to FLL!! haha).