PDA

View Full Version : MaxJet Shares Suspended

ChrisW
2007-12-07, 09:22 AM
Dec. 7 (Bloomberg) -- MAXjet Airways Inc., the unprofitable business-class carrier that operates from London to three U.S. cities, asked for its shares to be suspended pending clarification of its financial position.Certainly never good news.
MAXjet's loss widened to $49.5 million in the first half from $30.4 million a year earlier as the higher cost of jet fuel and increased spending on planes hurt earnings. The stock has tumbled 50 percent since an initial public offering in London in June and the carrier scrapped flights to Washington in October after passenger growth lagged behind other routes.Link: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aUKgBDcDiElg&refer=home

T-Bird76
2007-12-07, 10:37 AM
Better get as many pictures of those planes while you can because I'd bet after this announcement they won't be around to much longer.

cancidas
2007-12-11, 08:20 PM
how full were thier flights? i've always wondered why people tried doing this with airplanes like the 757 and 767. seriously, you have to sell a lot of seats to get that thing to make money. did they flight they operated even arrive at times that would make for good connections?

personally, i think that privatair had it right. they operate BBJs and ACJs configured into a F class cabin and codeshare with major, established airlines. i'd much rather fly them on a smaller airplane than MAXjet or EOS.

Midnight Mike
2007-12-11, 08:31 PM
how full were thier flights? i've always wondered why people tried doing this with airplanes like the 757 and 767. seriously, you have to sell a lot of seats to get that thing to make money. did they flight they operated even arrive at times that would make for good connections?

personally, i think that privatair had it right. they operate BBJs and ACJs configured into a F class cabin and codeshare with major, established airlines. i'd much rather fly them on a smaller airplane than MAXjet or EOS.

These carriers make more money by what they carry in the belly (freight), their load factor was pretty good, but if they could not attact some freight or lost a contract, that could hurt their fiances.

Carriers like EOS, MaxJet, Silverjet, would have lots of room on the main cabin for people to carry their luggage on-board, leaving the belly available for freight.....

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-11, 09:53 PM
Also keep in mind that Eos is doing pretty well.

cancidas
2007-12-11, 10:09 PM

These carriers make more money by what they carry in the belly (freight), their load factor was pretty good, but if they could not attact some freight or lost a contract, that could hurt their fiances.

Carriers like EOS, MaxJet, Silverjet, would have lots of room on the main cabin for people to carry their luggage on-board, leaving the belly available for freight.....

i realize that, wonder how much they spent on advertising their freight capacity...

Midnight Mike
2007-12-11, 10:30 PM
[
i realize that, wonder how much they spent on advertising their freight capacity...

We probably won't see any, things like that are handle by sales.

The airlines carry plenty of freight in the belly, sometimes, on special flights, luggage is bumped to take care of the freight.....

NYCMedic
2007-12-12, 11:36 PM
Maxjet never has much freight.... Maybe between 1000 and 5000kg a few times a month