PDA

View Full Version : American 777-200ER Engine Change

ChrisW
2007-12-05, 12:33 PM
I'm guessing this was at AFW. Having seen the Delta folks do this in person I can say that this video barely does the task justice. As for 6 hours, I can see it taking that long but the F/A-18 "mechs" I worked with in the Navy claimed to be able to change out a Hornet's GE F404's in 45 minutes. Believe it or not, it can be done.

I always like to see maintenance videos like this one, people rarely see this side of the house.

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA3QSE5mm8w[/youtube

G-BOAD
2007-12-05, 05:55 PM
wow,
Great video!
Thanks for posting

cancidas
2007-12-05, 07:36 PM
great video chris! i love that they played the real sound at the end, that's the sexiest sound on the planet!

videos like that only make me a firm believer that we pilots only borrow airplanes. it's maintainers like those in the video that really own, care for and maintain our airplanes! kudos to MX folk!

heeshung
2007-12-05, 09:48 PM
That's a really cool video. I wonder why the engine fans spin on their own, or it looks like they do. I'd like to find out what the registration is on that T7, and what that background music is...

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-05, 09:49 PM
As with any airplane, a little wind is enough to make them spin. It's very eerie when you're standing around near some hardstands at night, around planes that are off, and you hear that clicking of an engine turning from the wind.

Alex T
2007-12-06, 03:47 AM
As with any airplane, a little wind is enough to make them spin. It's very eerie when you're standing around near some hardstands at night, around planes that are off, and you hear that clicking of an engine turning from the wind.

God did I hate that!

I'd be walking on the ramp talking to someone and im near the engine its totally off but then I notice its turning and my first instinct is to RUN and get away from the engine haha

Alex

JZ1
2007-12-08, 09:05 AM

I remember during LGA kid's day I was standing near the US A-319 and the whole time I could hear the blade clicking away in the wind. It's quite loud, so I can imagine how much more noisy the 777's engine will sound.

mirrodie
2007-12-08, 10:04 AM
Great video Chris, thanks!

heeshung
2007-12-08, 03:13 PM

I remember during LGA kid's day I was standing near the US A-319 and the whole time I could hear the blade clicking away in the wind. It's quite loud, so I can imagine how much more noisy the 777's engine will sound.

Hmm... I thought the engine with the open cowlings was spinning because of some kind of power, since the other engine didn't move at all.