PDA

View Full Version : Baby, you're the best!

mirrodie
2007-12-02, 09:36 PM
As some here might know, we are attempting to raise our son knowing a few languages. And of course, one of the words I share with him is "avion" or, "plane".

Over the past few weeks, he's noticed that he has a TWA mobile hanging up in the corner of his bedroom. And when he looks at it, I point and say "avion, plane"

So an hour ago, he has a stuffed airplane that he was playing with on the floor. And while my wife and I were playing with him on the floor, just relaxing and getting him to ready for bed. And I said to him, in french, "regard, avion!" meaning "look, airplane".

Then he stops playing, looks at me and then up in the corner of the room at the mobile. We were just amazed, he's learned the word and identified it!! My wife and I looked at each other in amazement.

After a minute, I tried it again. "Avion" And he looks up at the corner.

It was great. He does Mama and Dada but to get confirmation that we're communicating is wild! And he likes planes! :borat:

adam613
2007-12-02, 10:11 PM
Your kid is awesome!

T-Bird76
2007-12-03, 12:45 PM
That's great Mario! It's been about two months since i've seen him! I can't wait to see how big he's gotten.

Midnight Mike
2007-12-03, 12:51 PM
As some here might know, we are attempting to raise our son knowing a few languages. And of course, one of the words I share with him is "avion" or, "plane".

Over the past few weeks, he's noticed that he has a TWA mobile hanging up in the corner of his bedroom. And when he looks at it, I point and say "avion, plane"

:

Well since he has a TWA mobile, the next word he needs to learn is "broke" :lol:

Sorry Tommy! :mrgreen:

Mario, has like the little kid is a bundle of joy, hopefully he will take after Shosh, you can't afford tooo many speeding tickets when he starts learning how to drive....

NIKV69
2007-12-03, 02:55 PM
Awesome Mario! I would think since you are teaching him French you can also team him Italian. Start easy and teach him "Goooooooaaaalll" and then point to some big object, preferbly made of solid gold.

What other languages will you be teaching him?

Eddie.
2007-12-04, 10:06 PM
Avion is also "airplane" in spanish

mirrodie
2007-12-04, 10:16 PM
you can't afford too many speeding tickets when he starts learning how to drive....

I'm better now. Last speeding ticket was 37 months ago...knocks wood.

Nick, Right now concentrating on english and French. He can do spanish in HS. Meanwhile I'm still tryingot maintain a working knowledge of polish.

Eddie, yes, you are right ,avion is the same in spanish. Also, you'll probably find similar variants of the word in Portuguese, Italian and other romance languages :)

N790SW
2007-12-10, 11:51 PM
Mario:

That is awwsome, but hey what languages can you speak,and which ones is your kid going to learn, again a priceless moment, the other day I showed my 5 month old cuz what a WN 737 looks like, and well he almost put the winglet in his mouth :lol: He loved the plane though!

Midnight Mike
2007-12-12, 12:34 AM
So an hour ago, he has a stuffed airplane that he was playing with on the floor. And while my wife and I were playing with him on the floor, just relaxing and getting him to ready for bed. And I said to him, in french, "regard, avion!" meaning "look, airplane".

Then he stops playing, looks at me and then up in the corner of the room at the mobile. We were just amazed, he's learned the word and identified it!! My wife and I looked at each other in amazement.

After a minute, I tried it again. "Avion" And he looks up at the corner.

It was great. He does Mama and Dada but to get confirmation that we're communicating is wild! And he likes planes! :borat:

Mario

Your kid will speak be able to speak several different languages & not able to spell correctly in any of them :lol: