PDA

View Full Version : LGA-CLT-FAY-CLT-LGA mini-report

Mellyrose
2007-11-19, 03:35 PM
No real trip report to....report, but I wanted to share what I saw on my weekend trip to Fayetteville, NC during my layover in Charlotte!

PSA was nice enough to be on the taxiway greeting me as soon as I touched down
Capital Cargo International 727
Steelers Scheme
Panthers Scheme
US 757 new colors with winglets (this is a first for me for any 757!)
Star Alliance CRJ
US 737 (400? I couldn't tell...it was behind me in line for take-off) new colors
US A330 (!!!) new colors (I know the folks in Philly and Charlotte are like, ZZzzzzZzz to this, but it was REALLY cool for me :))
Jack Roush 727 (several of them)...thanks to Ryan for helping me identify what these were
UPS DC-8 (woohoo!)
About a dozen C-17s by the Air National Guard Hangar

Also, bonus was a random Ted flying out early Friday morning from LGA.

I should mention that I flew on US A321s going and coming...I was assigned an exit row seat (22F) on my way, and there's about 6 feet of legroom, but NO WINDOW, so I asked to be switched. I won't sacrifice a view for any amount of legroom. Nosiree.

tipek
2007-11-19, 03:59 PM
Hey Mell,

There are 3 Jack Roush 727-100s based at CLT. Two of them are flying and one sitting midfield without engines.
Your C-17s are C-130s from NC ANG :)
And last Friday I was lucky enough to fly from CLT to IAD on Carolina Panters aircraft :)

Rafal

SengaB
2007-11-19, 07:08 PM
Got any shots?
Senga

Mellyrose
2007-11-19, 09:22 PM
Ohp, sorry about the C-17/130 mixup. I was on the other side of the plane and was guessing. All I know is that I saw a bunch of them.

Senga, unfortunately, I didn't get any shots. I was running from Concourse B to Concourse E to catch a flight (with 3 bags) and once in Concourse E there was nothing exciting to see (express terminal). Also, once on the plane and taxiing when I saw most of these things, my camera was stowed above me because I was sitting bulkhead on a CRJ-200 and the FA wouldn't let me keep it out. :(

Too bad. It was a beautiful morning. When I came back through last night it was too dark to get any shots, but I did try.

flyboy 28
2007-11-19, 09:47 PM
For me, an A330 is nothing to snore about. Though I frequent PHL and see them a bit, I love the look of them .:)

RDU-JFK
2007-11-20, 09:24 AM
Yeah Fayetteville! What did you think of the FAY terminal improvements? I'm headed down there myself for Christmas. Did you stay by Haymount?

hiss srq
2007-11-20, 12:42 PM
Glad you enjoyed the trip and glad I could help ya out there with the 727's! :borat:

Mellyrose
2007-11-21, 02:06 PM
Yeah Fayetteville! What did you think of the FAY terminal improvements? I'm headed down there myself for Christmas. Did you stay by Haymount?

There were terminal improvements? haha! Can I tell everyone that the only notable thing about FAY, was that when I got to the security area, I thought I was at the wrong place! The glass was closed….and then I noticed a “Closed – Will return at 5:25pm” sign (I’m NOT kidding). It looked just like this:

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/22589405.jpg.jpg

It might as well have been a “GONE FISHIN’” sign.

When they finally returned, I was slightly panicked, since my flight was at 6pm (at this point delayed until 6:17pm) but they told me that they didn’t board until about 5-10 minutes before departure (huh?).

Matt, I didn’t stay in Haymount area…I was out in Raeford. Though, I’m not sure if you knew this, I used to live right downtown on Hay Street, above Rude Awakening Coffee Shop. It was the loft apartment with the purple windows. Look for it next time you’re around!

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-11-21, 05:00 PM
I won't sacrifice a view for any amount of legroom. Nosiree.
I hear you!

I understand your panic. I do that if I am not at the gate before they start boarding. That is very funny about the sign.

nwafan20
2007-11-21, 08:24 PM
Yeah, the Berry Terminal in DTW uses one of those signs too! Only charters and a few sched. (USA 3000, etc.) depart from there, so it is rarely open. Sort of funny to see actually.