PDA

View Full Version : What To Get Your Girlfriend on her Bday

hiss srq
2007-11-13, 05:15 PM
So my birthday as is Nicole's (3 days later) is approaching fast and so far I have only one idea for her birthday as it is. I bought her a model of a Chatauqua ERJ as she formerly flew as a flight attendant for them. Like me she is an airline fanatic but I also want to be thoughtful and special with it. Maybe Mel could lend some advice on this one for me. It can't all be about airplanes!

MarkLawrence
2007-11-13, 05:27 PM
Maybe you should try for some of that fragrance "Eau de AvGas" Ryan :borat:

Mellyrose
2007-11-13, 06:00 PM
My best advice, since I don't know here is this (ALL MEN SHOULD REMEMBER THIS):

The best gifts are things not necessarily that we would buy ourselves. They are the cute or special things we see and make us go "ooh" or "ahh" but wouldn't even consider buying. REALLY pay attention when you're out with her and see what catches her eye. Don't be too obvious though.

Another pointer is to go in the direction of a really thoughtful gift, such as thinking of something she really likes, and then getting a gift that surrounds that (like the plane gift, even). An example of this is my sister knows that I love sushi, so for my birthday she got me the "Little Black Book of Sushi" and a Ceramic Sushi platter set with bamboo chopsticks and a bamboo roll-maker thing. I thought that was super thoughtful.

Get the idea? :)

Good luck!

Smartass Flyboy
2007-11-14, 01:19 PM
Maybe you should try for some of that fragrance "Eau de AvGas" Ryan :borat:

Those of us that have worked closely with Ryan can attest to the fact he has been trying that fragrance for years. :mrgreen:

T-Bird76
2007-11-14, 07:46 PM
Well if she's going out with you she should give herself a gift of a new BF. LOLOLOL

Mellyrose
2007-11-15, 12:22 AM
I love how I'm asked for advice, I give whole-hearted great suggestions, and then only jokes are made and Ryan doesn't even reply. NYCA boys, I can always count on you. :borat:

Derf
2007-11-15, 02:19 AM
for my wifes birthday (knew her for 2 weeks) I gave her a vacum cleaner :borat:

REALLY! :borat:

jran225
2007-11-15, 04:39 AM
I agree with Mel in that a personal gift says the most. Of course, only you can help yourself there. A pajama ad in the back of a recent Road and Track magazine caught my eye (rather, the woman in the ad) - http://www.pajamagram.com. Looks like they have some nice stuff, so that might be worth checking out. Either way, good luck! :D

Greets,
-Omar S.

moose135
2007-11-15, 09:16 AM
for my wifes birthday (knew her for 2 weeks) I gave her a vacum cleaner :borat:

REALLY! :borat:

And Fred still has the scars to prove it :D

Derf
2007-11-15, 10:29 AM
Are you kidding? It was the best gift she EVER got! :borat:

Really :borat:

hiss srq
2007-11-15, 10:45 AM
Thanks Mel and Omar, I ended up getting a few things that I am quite sure shes going to love and Omar just topped it with that one because she steals all of my PJ pants so that is an awsome idea. I added that to the list lolololol :borat:

Mellyrose
2007-11-15, 12:49 PM
See?! That's the kind of hints I mean. She'd really appreciate it if you got her some PJs of her own. I'm sure she actually likes wearing yours, but it would be a sweet gesture and show her that you care about her comfort.

Victoria's Secret has AMAZING adorable Flannel PJs sets for the holidays. I get at least 1 or 2 pairs (they have dozens of prints) every year for myself and also for friends. They're adorable and warm (and on sale right now with FREE matching slippers! uh oh...I need to get some): http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collect ... rfnbr=3810 (http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection/?cgname=OSSLPFLNZZZ&cgnbr=OSSLPFLNZZZ&rfnbr=3810)

mirrodie
2007-11-15, 02:28 PM
A few years ago, I did this for my wife. She loves to lose herself in a good book, so it was ideal.

Basically, they take info about you and her, (name, where you live, the car you drive, names of any pets you might have, favorite color, favorite movie, etc etc) and in a MAD LIBS way, they insert it into the book. So you are the characters.

http://www.yournovel.com