PDA

View Full Version : Don't Drink Out of Hotel Room Glasses

Matt Molnar
2007-11-06, 06:43 PM
I've long been suspicious of how they clean drinking glasses in hotel rooms. After all, even in nice hotels, you rarely see glasses on the housekeeping cart, just towels and sheets. Here's why:

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=7714

Mellyrose
2007-11-06, 09:36 PM
That's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Appauling. :shock:

T-Bird76
2007-11-06, 10:43 PM
Thanks Matt...I'm sitting here in my hotel room drinking out of a glass in my room..... :(

Midnight Mike
2007-11-06, 10:48 PM
Rinse/wash the hotel glass before using.

Rinse/wash out the coffee maker in the room (have heard stories of people washing their panty hose in it)

Watch where you put the tv remote control, have heard interesting things as to what they find on it...

Alex T
2007-11-07, 01:17 AM
Firstly...
THANK GOD IT WAS CAPTIONED!! :borat:

2ndly, being in a ton of hotels as I travel, THATS SICK!!!!!

Freaking Gross..

I'll use the plastic cups next time!

Alex

Nonstop2AUH
2007-11-07, 02:39 AM
The hotel industry spends so much money on image-oriented marketing it doesn't surprise me they are cutting corners in the back of house where they think no one's watching. It's telling the hotels didn't even want to see or challenge the reporter's hidden camera video, it's like they got busted. Clearly these housekeepers could be better trained in hygienic procedures if it was a priority of management. Anyway, one more thing to worry about when we travel.

Matt Molnar
2007-11-07, 02:50 AM
I read the book Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich a few months ago, a non-fiction book by a well educated writer about her efforts to get by in America working only low wage labor intensive jobs. A couple of her jobs were at nationally franchised housecleaning companies, like Merry Maids. It was corporate procedure at both of them that the workers only carry a couple of rags, use a very small amount of cleaning solution, and NO disinfectant. What this means is that your housecleaner is using the same rag to clean your kitchen sink and stove that she does to clean your toilet.