PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite airline meals

kc2aqg
2007-11-06, 03:50 PM
Saw a similar thread title on anet and thought it might be interesting to see what your favorite meals have been on-board, back in the days when meals were served. Since most of us have been flying long enough to remember these days, what has been your favorite meal eaten up at 30000+ feet?

For me, my tops was a Pot Roast that was served on a Carnival A300-B4 flying from FLL-JFK in the mid 1990's. I also recall having a great pancake breakfast on TWA down to SJU on the 747 also in the mid 1990's, before they went the way of bag meals ala "Delta SkyDeli" (who remembers that?)

lijk604
2007-11-06, 03:56 PM
Tossed green salad
Filet Mignon / Roasted Red potatoes / Grilled peppers
Strawberry Cheesecake

UAL First Class: JFK-SFO - B763 back around 1998.

N790SW
2007-11-06, 04:04 PM
Southwest's honey roasted peanuts!!!! :borat:

Sometimes if you are really nice to the F/A they give you a whole bag of them ;) thats what happened to me on my last WN trip, and my cousins and I went through the whole bag in 20 mins, thats including my cousin's girl friend too =]

heeshung
2007-11-06, 04:40 PM
I've always found Northwest's Economy Class meals to be quite scrumptious. They tend to give more food than other airlines I've been on also. I've never been on an airline that gives menus in economy other than Northwest.

The baked goods that come out of Osaka Kansai tend to be REALLY good.

The menu was taken on NW70 KIX-DTW.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r89/UnitedVirtualResources/DSCF1134.jpg

LGA777
2007-11-06, 04:58 PM
Even though I have flown in Biz on several respected Asian and European carriers surprisingly my best was on USAirways. Back when US's A-330's where 3 class service I paid $150 for a ow non-rev First Class upgrade from PHL-MAN in April 2001. I don't remember exactly what I ate but it started with Champagne and Hot O'dourves served prior to pushback. Only 3 of the 6 F seats where occupied yet we had 2 excelent flight attendents who ONLY served First Class. My seatmate was a beautiful young Vietenemse Attorney and we basically partied the whole flight. 2 and a half bottles of Don Perigone Champagne between the 2 of us and and an amazing seven course meal which even included a soup course, the only time I had seen that. Since we chose to drink and talk instead of sleep there was a mid flight snack of sandwhiches and personal pizza's. About 1 hour out of MAN Breakfast featured Belgian Waffles and Steak as part of the service was served, it was even 3 courses. Again sorry I don't remember more food specfic stuff but it was truely amazing. US actually award numerous service awards for the Envoy Service as this was during the Steven Wolf era at US.

Cheers

LGA777

Nonstop2AUH
2007-11-06, 06:36 PM
Haven't had a meal of any kind on a domestic flight lately, but the Indian food items on BA and EK have been consistently good over the years, in economy cabin as well as up front (where it's never really all that bad). BA often has an Indian item on transatlantic menu (e.g. the Midlands' famous balti curry) and it's a safe choice if you like that sort of thing (I do obviously). Alitalia gives out some nice sandwiches in economy on inter-European flights, strong coffee too. Never been disappointed on Aeromexico but I always stick with the Mexican options, in fact when flying foreign carriers I guess you can never go wrong by ordering the local items.

Iberia A340-600
2007-11-06, 08:38 PM
Definitely Air France. Every time I have flown with them the meals have always been exquisite. The most memorable for me was last November on AF10 from CDG to JFK on the upper deck of the 747-400. It was an awesome chicken curry dish, I can still taste it. Definitely helped contribute to that memorable flight.

RDU-JFK
2007-11-07, 01:11 PM
One of the best means I had was a "Filet Mignon" with Potatoes on an Alitalia flight from MXP to JFK in 1995.

Of recent times? I really enjoyed on of United's Snack Boxes. I liked "quickpick". Lots of snacks! Good stuff!!!!!

Alex T
2007-11-07, 05:34 PM
TWA Flight 161 MCO-STL L1011 F/C

We had Steak, mashed potatos a sundae and drinks OMG AMAZING.

Recently though, had to be on AA F/C DFW-MCO as reported in my trip report. Very delicious!

Alex

NcSchu
2007-11-08, 12:27 AM
I also had Filet Mignon on a CO first class flight from EWR to Orlando ten or so years ago that was very delicious. But my best economy meal by far was the Virgin Atlantic kids meal that I had several years ago. The kids get all the spoils. :D

Ari707
2007-11-08, 02:57 PM
either Air France anytime, even in coach I've always have been offered more wine and bread and SAS EWR-ARN venison was great!