PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Charter

Gerard
2007-11-02, 06:05 PM
So this week the Tampa Bay Lightning spent a terrible week in the metro area going 0-3 against the three local hockey teams. They had a game Monday night against the Rangers at the Garden, Wed at the new arena in Newark vs the Devils then last night at the Nassau Coliseum. So what do you think their charter aircraft does? Fly into Teterboro or Newark Sunday evening or early Monday then head to FRG yesterday? Or do they head out of town for other charters instead of laying around doing nothing? Or maybe they came into FRG even earlier?
Too much time on my hands and just wondering.
Anyone see the aircraft at FRG yesterday?

lijk604
2007-11-03, 07:58 AM
The aircraft was operated by Miami Air. They do a TON of "team" charter flights, so they rarely stay in town for entended periods of time. That aircraft dropped Tampa off in EWR, the new arena is very close to EWR apparently, and then bolted (no pun intended). It arrived at FRG Thursday afternoon from BUF, the flight prior to that was FLL-BUF also on Thursday. If I had the time I could research more, but I don't want to.

FYI: The Penguins arrived FRG last night on a different Miami Air bird from Denver.

Gerard
2007-11-03, 09:20 AM
> If I had the time I could research more, but I don't want to. <

You did fine. Thanks.