PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup this weekend 10/27 and 10/28

markg
2007-10-23, 02:53 PM
This weekend is the Breeders Cup at Monmouth Park, NJ.

There should be a lot of biz and helicopter movements at BLM (Monmouth Executive) in Wall Township.

There is a viewing area at the airport which allows good clean shots of arriving and departing aircraft. Not sure where any larger aircraft will go, presumably TTN or ACY.

Miller Airpark in Toms River will presumably handle any overflow of biz/light aircraft.

I'll be around all weekend. If anyone is coming down let me know!

Mark

pgengler
2007-10-23, 04:19 PM
I'll have to see how the weather is, but I should make able to make it down at least one day this weekend.

markg
2007-10-25, 02:25 PM
The weather is not looking good for the weekend.

The races are actually Friday and Saturday, not Saturday and Sunday, but I'm sure there will be some a/c still around on Sunday since the airport has no runway lighting.

pgengler
2007-10-25, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I've been watching Saturday's weather go down the tubes. Sunday is still looking good, but I'll probably be busy that day, so unless things change I won't be able to make it down this weekend.

I might have to add the airport to my list of ones to check out. How are the conditions for photography from the viewing area? With a 14/32 runway, it seems like you'd only be able to shoot either mornings or afternoons there (depending on which side of the runway the area is) in good light.

markg
2007-10-26, 02:52 PM
I might have to add the airport to my list of ones to check out. How are the conditions for photography from the viewing area? With a 14/32 runway, it seems like you'd only be able to shoot either mornings or afternoons there (depending on which side of the runway the area is) in good light.

I never take notice of the sun position when taking photographs! That's why you guys are the pro's and I never will be :oops:

hiss srq
2007-10-26, 02:57 PM
For a second I was thinking you were refering to the house party I am having and than I realized it had to do with a horse raceing. Unfortuneately I am working all weekend which meansd no dice on going anyplace other than LGA or JFK to spot. :(

T-Bird76
2007-10-26, 04:46 PM
For a second I was thinking you were refering to the house party I am having and than I realized it had to do with a horse raceing. Unfortuneately I am working all weekend which meansd no dice on going anyplace other than LGA or JFK to spot. :(

Ah so you finally admit to your bestiality fetish! Those poor poor little animals...

Yeah WX isn't going to be great for spotting this weekend. Sunday afternoon might pan out, calling for sun and winds, plus with the temp diving Sunday might not be half bad. I'll be back in Canada so I won't know.... boo