PDA

View Full Version : Ohio PD Chase

emshighway
2007-10-17, 06:46 PM
http://www.officer.com/videonetwork/ind ... wid=378811 (http://www.officer.com/videonetwork/index.jsp?showid=378811)

Derf
2007-10-17, 07:09 PM
Good, I pray he is dead! :borat:

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-17, 07:16 PM
That was something. Well edited video as well.

Though i agree the officer was in potentially fatal danger as the car tried to drive away while he was on the hood....I don't understand why he'd be up there to begin with. It is not a smart place to position yourself.

He really unloaded point blank as well. Understandable in a high stress environment, but damn.

T-Bird76
2007-10-17, 08:45 PM
wow that was crazy, he really had no choice to unload othewise he could have gotten thrown off that car if the dude floored it.

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-17, 09:02 PM
Some wild videos ont hat site.

Here's one where an officer approaches a car that he just stopped by crashing into with pepper spray. He turns his back to the suspect and the suspect pulls a handgun. I learned four shots were fired, then as the suspect fled, he ran over the cop. The officer died.

http://www.officer.com/videonetwork/ind ... wid=378811 (http://www.officer.com/videonetwork/index.jsp?showid=378811)

A witness (former Marine) took the officer's gun and went after the suspect in his own vehicle, who refused to stop, and the ex-Marine fired, killing the murderer.

I'd hate to criticize his performance, but the officer was not paying attention and should have approached more cautiously and seriously. Once you are bumping cars in a chase, you draw your gun once you're on foot and you certainly don't turn your back.

cancidas
2007-10-17, 10:47 PM
that cop shouldn't have been on the hood, period. the driver of the black definately deserved what he got in my opinion, though i wonder what he was pumped up that he managed to keep trying to drive away after being shot that many times. also makes me wonder what difference a .45 FMJ or JHP round would have done as opposed to thier 9mm.

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-18, 05:55 AM
I don't think he "kept going" but the car was just slowing down from the initial push of the gas, or the driver's muscle contractions when he was getting shot.

As for the different .45 rounds, it would not have made much of a difference, although I'm always one to say that a 9mm is too fast and will over-penetrate. I'd assume that in this situation (at 3 feet from the target) the officer was able to place his rounds appropriately kill zones that such things didn't matter.

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-18, 08:49 AM
As for the Ohio video again, I was reading that, as we saw,a police car hit the suspect's car, and the suspect's car spun around. A second police car (the video's editing was a little confusing about this part) then lightly hit the car again.

The officer in the second car got out and approached the vehicle, when the suspect tried to flee again, approaching the officer who'd stepped out of his car to apprehend the suspect. The officer, with nowhere to go (his cruiser on his right, not enough space to evade the car on the left) jumped on the hood, and the car continued to move forward...hence the unloading.

I was surprised to see the other officer fire asw ell, as his angle seemed like it might strike the officer in crossfire.

Shockingly, the passenger survived without injury.

Informant
2007-10-18, 10:22 AM
If the cop in the first video had some tactical shooting training he wouldn't have been on the hood, you could tell he wanted the whole thing to end, but who the hell unloads a clip at point blank range. At the USSS we were trained to disable the vehicle first and evaluate/assess, then take care of the occupants.That was rediculous, but what can you do.

Derf
2007-10-18, 10:29 AM
You may want to read the post directly above yours as Phil explained what happend and why he was on the hood. The video is not clear, what Phil stated makes it clear.

Derf
2007-10-18, 10:37 AM
That was rediculous, but what can you do.

Can you please explain what part of this was rediculous? I saw a person who was putting many lives in danger.... The police officer stopped the car at gunpoint and the guy still tried to go after hitting or getting hit by multible police officers and then tried to run over a cop. Once again....HE NEEDED KILLIN! :borat:

While I do not understand why the officer did get in front of the car in the first place, I was not there and from what I saw, the officer was MORE than justified in using lethal force. Add what Phil said and I am glad he is dead. His actions proved that he was a danger to everyone and I am just glad he did not hit a car with children in it!

Matt Molnar
2007-10-18, 12:27 PM
It's ridiculous that the cop didn't hit the guy once! Why bother loading the gun?

Informant
2007-10-18, 12:49 PM
Rediculous as in the entire situation from beginning to end,even though the shooting was a little much.Why did they run in the first place?

PhilDernerJr
2007-10-18, 01:03 PM
The car was stolen.

emshighway
2007-10-18, 11:12 PM
The driver died, the passenger wasn't injured. Two officers injured, three officers on administrative leave. The car was found to be stolen.

The videos may not reveal the entire sequence of events. It can only tell what it sees.

jran225
2007-10-20, 12:36 AM
Can you please explain what part of this was rediculous? I saw a person who was putting many lives in danger.[...]Once again....HE NEEDED KILLIN! :borat:

[...]His actions proved that he was a danger to everyone and I am just glad he did not hit a car with children in it!

How are his actions and say, the actions of a drunk driver any different? Both drive recklessly and needlessly endanger the lives of others. However, we don't shoot every person who gets pulled over on DUI..

Good, I pray he is dead! :borat:

Nobody deserves to die that way. Praying for it is pretty sick, sorry.

Greets,
-Omario

Derf
2007-10-20, 02:31 AM
GUY RUNS FROM A COP AN PLAYS BUMPER CARS WITH A COP WILL STOP FOR NOTHING. It may be sick but the only way that this guy was going to stop is by hitting something really hard or having his engine blow up. I have seen and had close friends that were hit by drunk drivers, and I have driven drunk in my young and stupid early 20's. This guy did not look drunk and is they guy who hits the red light doing 80 and kills 5 people.

How are his actions and say, the actions of a drunk driver any different? Both drive recklessly and needlessly endanger the lives of others. However, we don't shoot every person who gets pulled over on DUI..
A drunk takes out a family, I would not shoot him.... if he was banging into police cars and running forward at a cop with a 2 ton vehicle...That is someone who is needin some killin any which way you want to slice it. If the person was in a diabetic coma, it is a shame....If the guy was drunk...It is a sad situation, This Darwin winner was in complete control of this vehicle and would not stop. He went forward with a cop on the hood, REGARDLESS OF WHY THE COP WAS THERE. Once again, I am glad that it ended with Only him dead.

Nobody deserves to die that way. Praying for it is pretty sick, sorry.
True, That was a pretty poor choice of words on my part. I should have said.... Sorry that jcasksac made a lot of really stupid life threatening decisions and am glad he was the only one that died in the end. That is really how I feel.