PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Road show hits NYC

T-Bird76
2007-10-14, 02:45 PM
Cathay Pacific is bringing their roadshow to NYC this month and next to show off the look and feel of the new cabins, looks pretty cool. I might be taking the day off Friday Nov 2 that they're in town, if I have some time I might take a ride into the city to check it out.

http://www.cathayroadshow.com/

hiss srq
2007-10-14, 07:57 PM
I might go get a feel for Cathy myself before work. :borat: lol

Art at ISP
2007-10-14, 08:00 PM
I might go get a feel for Cathy myself before work. :borat: lol

I hope she's at least cute :borat:

Who's Cathy by the way? :mrgreen:

hiss srq
2007-10-14, 08:02 PM
And again with the spelling. Cathay! :mrgreen:

Winglets747
2007-10-16, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Tommy.

It looks like the road show is literally a big truck with the cabin mock-up inside. I wonder where they'll park the thing.

Photos of the roadshow in LA:
http://sgvtribune.mycapture.com/mycaptu ... ent=348586 (http://sgvtribune.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=348586)

LGA777
2007-10-16, 11:41 PM
Tommy, thanks for posting this, think I might have to check this out as who knows when I will get to fly Cathay again. As Tommy will agree, this is an amazing World Class Carrier, probably one of the 5 best in the world and they really put the S in service. I was very fortunate to fly Cathay in 1995 YYZ-ANC-HKG 744, HKG-SIN-BKK-HKG 330 in J, and HKG-LAX 744 in J. In 1998 I got to go again this time LAX-HKG and SIN-HKG-YVR-JFK, all on the 744 and SIN-JFK was one VERY LONG DAY ! Oh and BTW for those of you interested in this roadshow be sure to check out the Flt Att's blog on the prev attached link ! And for those guys on here who appreciate Asian women flying on a Cathay widebody with around 15 of them from a vareity of nationalities can be quite a treat, and at least in the 90's their nametag included the flag of their birth country so be sure and learn those flags as it makes a great conversation starter guys !

Cheers

LGA777

Alex T
2007-10-17, 03:37 PM
Booo...No STL Service?! :(

Of course as expected..they don't fly to STL.

Tho they are going to every other major AA hub in the US.

Oh well!

Alex

Winglets747
2007-10-29, 12:40 AM
Here's the schedule:
Tues., Oct. 30:
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Rockefeller Plaza (West 48th Street between 5th and 6th)

Weds., Oct. 31:
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Chinatown (Chatham Sqaure at St. Jame's Place)

Thurs., Nov. 1:
11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Bryant Park (West 40th Street "near 6th Avenue")

Fri., Nov. 2:
9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Rockefeller (11 West 51st Street between 5th and 6th, in front of Bank of America)

http://www.cathayroadshow.com/

Winglets747
2007-10-31, 08:06 PM
Has anyone else gone to this?

I went today and it's a single truck with its interior modified to resemble an aircraft cabin. The Y seats were interesting but in the "recline" mode I felt I wasn't reclining but slouching. The PTVs are big for Y, but it was too bad they only had one set of Y seats as the PTVs were hidden on the back.

The biz seat was great and definitely a step-up from US carriers who offer the same seat. PTV was big there as well.

The real winner was the first seat. It was huge--like the SQ F seat on 77Ws. There's a decent size seat for someone to sit across from you (unlike the tiny stool used for biz seats), and the bed the seat converts too is very comfortable.

Overall it was nice but a bit too simple. They could have used some more route information and maybe refreshments, a la Delta 360.

LGA777
2007-11-06, 09:00 PM
Forgot to update this. little late sorry, went to see the 'truck" at Rock Center Friday morning before work and was pretty enjoyable. The seats in all 3 classes where all really cool. The new concept coach seat did not seem to recline as far as the seat it replaces but IMO a fare tradeoff for not having the seat in front of you recline. Biz and especially First where awesome, but seemed strangely familiar after just sitting in a similar seat display (minus the truck) as Singapore displayed their new 777-300ER First and Biz seats complete with two lovely Singapore Girls at my own LGA US Terminal a few weeks ago. This was the second time Singapore displayed seats in our buidling, the first ones where for the A-340-500 just prior to their start of nonstop EWR-SIN service, SQ chose US and our Shuttle customer base both due to the Star Alliance tie-in plus to promote US/SQ code share services. It was really nice but odd seeing uniformed Singapore girls in our food court for a few days and I assure you the 3 nycaviaiton US LGA Tower group really enjoyed their presence. But back to the Cathay truck, my only dissapointment was the three Cathay Flight Atts traveling with it had left to go check out of their Hotel so did not get to meet them but other local Cathay sales staff where present and the NYC Sales Mgr and I had a nice visit, his last job was the same position for US so we had plenty to talk about. Among other things he told me in January the A340-600 is being moved to YYZ so they can start a HKG nonstop, the current flight requires an ANC fuel stop, so in January both JFK-HKG nonstops will be with their new 777-300ER plus the 744 thru YVR. He even said demand between NYC and HKG was so high a 4th flight was not out of the question in the future! It's really nice to see CX expanding here in NYC !

Cheers

LGA777