PDA

View Full Version : Something cool on a SIA flight

stuart schechter
2007-10-03, 08:09 PM
So my father just flew from EWR-WSSS on SIA21, an A345. Business class, 18 hrs. Total Lay-flat seats, great food and just an overall awesome experience. Well, as you all know, I collect flight reports from the pilots after the flight. This was the e-mail I just got from my dad.

About halfway through the flight, I asked one of the flight attendants if she would inquire of the crew whether there was any paperwork I could have after the flight. A few hours later, Captain David Jacoby came to my seat and introduced himself, and gave me his business card. We chatted about your interest in commercial aviation and ATC. He said that you are invited to contact him at his personal email address any time you like. And you will, when you see what is in the folder that was delivered to me about a half hour before we landed. Our flight route had only two directions, north and then south, and the plane never turned. That's right -- we flew from Newark directly over The North Pole and just kept going straight until we got to Singapore. I have the route maps. SO COOL -- this is the first time I've ever flown directly over The North Pole.

I always love seeing this stuff.

Winglets747
2007-10-04, 08:58 AM
Sounds like you have some exciting stuff coming up. :borat: