PDA

View Full Version : Forget Website

Speedbird1
2007-09-27, 08:25 AM
Last year, I used a website that showed all the flights coming to JFK, as well as any other airport. The site showed all passenger, cargo, as well as visiting aircraft to the General Assembly. The airlines were all listed alphabetically. It is the only site I have ever found that includes non-passenger, non-scheduled flights. It also includes a list from which the user selects the name of the airport. Virtually every US airport was included. It also gave times for all departures. Unfortunately, I can't recall the site. I used it last year to learn the names of all the special aircraft visiting JFK. Can anybody help?

Tom_Turner
2007-09-27, 09:07 AM
Hi Speedbird.

There are a bunch of trackers - some with free applications similar to what you mention....

Flytecomm flightaware Red1Aviaton airnavsystems Aeroseek

Some of the General Assembly movements are readily available and others can be figured out with supplemental information if you have it, but I am not aware of any application that will show all of those VIP movements.

Tom

Speedbird1
2007-09-27, 09:34 AM
Thanks anyway but none of these is the website I used last year. The site I need does not ask for a specific flight to be entered; instead it asks the user to choose a specific airport and then a complete list of daily arrivals or departures is shown on 1 screen and you scroll-down. I can't believe that I forgot the site. Flightaware and Flytecomm are good for flights where the user knows the company and the flight number. Maybe I'll remember the site one day.

eric8669
2007-09-27, 09:43 AM
Both Flightawaree and Flytecomm both show a complete list of daily arrivals from a specific Airport. I use it all the time.

Eric

Thanks anyway but none of these is the website I used last year. The site I need does not ask for a specific flight to be entered; instead it asks the user to choose a specific airport and then a complete list of daily arrivals or departures is shown on 1 screen and you scroll-down. I can't believe that I forgot the site. Flightaware and Flytecomm are good for flights where the user knows the company and the flight number. Maybe I'll remember the site one day.

Tom_Turner
2007-09-27, 09:43 AM
Speedbird1 -

You can easily use choose the airport in Flytecomm and get all the *arriving* flights in alphabetical order by airline that are arriving that day, without putting in any flight number.

Last I knew the tracker linked to JFKTower.com (if I am remembering right) showed departing flights as well, but within a very narrow window of time, and just for that airport)

Again I doubt complete listings of *all* VIP flights are easily available on any public tracker - did you cross reference what you saw last year with Senga's annual round up General Assembly VIP movements?

Tom

hiss srq
2007-09-27, 04:59 PM
FltPlan.com? You need an account though for it.

Iberia A340-600
2007-09-27, 06:32 PM
Sounds like Flightstats.com