PDA

View Full Version : Bill to Restrict In-Flight Movies

Matt Molnar
2007-09-26, 02:19 PM
Thank Jesus our Congress is working hard to tackle the real problems in this country. :roll:

Bill to Restrict In-Flight Movies (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/us/26rating.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin)

By MATT RICHTEL
Published: September 26, 2007

Under federal legislation introduced yesterday, airlines that show adult-themed movies on overhead screens would be required to create seating sections to shield children from graphic content.

The legislation was prompted by complaints from parents and others who said airlines were increasingly showing movies and television reruns with sexual content and violence to in-flight audiences that include children, said a spokesman for Representative Heath Shuler, Democrat of North Carolina, one of two authors of bill, the Family Friendly Flights Act.

Andrew Whalen, the spokesman, said circumstances made it difficult for parents to do their own policing. “When you have a captive audience and a giant screen, how are you going to tell your 5-year-old not to look?” Mr. Whalen said. More... (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/us/26rating.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin)

RDU-JFK
2007-09-26, 02:26 PM
Thank Jesus our Congress is working hard to tackle the real problems in this country. :roll:

Bill to Restrict In-Flight Movies (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/us/26rating.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin)

By MATT RICHTEL
Published: September 26, 2007

Under federal legislation introduced yesterday, airlines that show adult-themed movies on overhead screens would be required to create seating sections to shield children from graphic content.

The legislation was prompted by complaints from parents and others who said airlines were increasingly showing movies and television reruns with sexual content and violence to in-flight audiences that include children, said a spokesman for Representative Heath Shuler, Democrat of North Carolina, one of two authors of bill, the Family Friendly Flights Act.

Andrew Whalen, the spokesman, said circumstances made it difficult for parents to do their own policing. “When you have a captive audience and a giant screen, how are you going to tell your 5-year-old not to look?” Mr. Whalen said. More... (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/us/26rating.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin)

Great idea! This way I can be guaranteed a place to sit without screaming kids other than the exit rows.

PS--Heath Shuler-haven't heard his name since he was a first round QB bust in the NFL.

Idlewild
2007-10-01, 12:14 PM
I would ban the kids.

moose135
2007-10-01, 12:29 PM
I would ban the kids.

Nah, just let them play outside :D

Midnight Mike
2007-10-01, 01:38 PM
The Government should not have to get involved, the airlines should have taken action on their own.

I have no kids, but, the airlines have to take into consideration that their customers are also, parents with children...

Idlewild
2007-10-01, 06:56 PM
The Government should not have to get involved, the airlines should have taken action on their own.

I have no kids, but, the airlines have to take into consideration that their customers are also, parents with children...

You owe me for a cracked screen.

G-BOAD
2007-10-08, 11:04 AM
I just dont want to sit next to kids. Im all for their own section as long as I dont sit anywere near it.
PS, Im not a kid hater, only they get really bad on flights. Who can blame them, its long and nothing to do.

SeriouslyFunny
2007-10-08, 03:19 PM

What about their customers that can handle watching these movies? Who wins?

Is everything the airlines fault?

tipek
2007-10-08, 04:42 PM
So, do they have more kids or adults flying? I'm sick and tired watching over and over again Shrek 3, or other crap for kids. The best way to resolve this problem would be - installation of AVOD in every seat :)

Rafal

SeriouslyFunny
2007-10-08, 06:37 PM
So, do they have more kids or adults flying? I'm sick and tired watching over and over again Shrek 3, or other crap for kids. The best way to resolve this problem would be - installation of AVOD in every seat :)

Rafal

I wish that was the solution, but from my days working corporate customer care, they bitch about what's on other people's screens too. The people next to them, the people in front of them, people they walk past when going to the lav...

You can't win.