PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Experience....

Alex T
2007-09-24, 08:26 PM
Hey All-

Wanted to share a very odd experience I had. I went online and I am a customer with Bank of America, and They had an offering of the US Airways Credit Card. Excellent Benefits and whatnot. I applied for it, with the thought the Annual Fee would be charged to me 6 months after service, along with the APR as well. Apparantly a misunderstanding I had and I realize it after I had chosen to apply for it. I was going to cancel it once I got it in the mail.

I went online to look once I got the card and sure enough I was immediatly charged 90 bucks for the annual fee.

I called the credit card, and had to go through waits, and numbers etc etc. A live Person picked up and asked for name. I told her very clearly, and she goes "Ok Mrs Prude thanks, now I need your account number?"

I said "I am MISTER Trude, T-R-U-D-E." :|

She goes "oh ya ok the account number?"

I gave her the number and she goes "what can I do for you ma'am?" :roll:

I stated "I would like to cancel the credit card please."

I was prepared to be bombed with 100 questions of why i want to cancel or what they did wrong to make me leave the company etc etc something. I would reply truthfully, I was not prepared to pay the annual fee right away.

She didnt' ask me anything. She goes "Ok, its closed, Have a great day bye" *click, hangs up*

:shock: :shock:

Uhm, sorry..She didn't allow me to verify it was closed, ask a couple more questions to verify my mistake and misunderstanding with the card, or maybe try to win me back by waiving the annual fee, or giving me miles or cutting it in half or even coming to any agreement. Even SO, if she did ASK to say why, and I said I was confused and thought I didnt have to pay annual fee, but your rules stated otherwise. She could have explained the rules, restated them and I wouldn't have complained or asked for anything else. But she made no attempt to ask me or resolve anything.

I found this very strange and totally different from my experience with the AAdvantage Card, always had good service with them.

While the average user is smart with credit cards, they could and will associate the card with US Airways and assume another bad service with the airline, HARDLY what US Airways needs right now.

Anyway, just wanted to share it here and your welcome to comment, or whatever.

Alex

T-Bird76
2007-09-24, 08:33 PM
Most of the time now Alex they will just close the card and that's that. A huge compliant from customers in the past trying to close accounts was the loops you had to go through. I remember years ago I had a Discover card (no one laugh) and when I went to close it I had to speak with four people. Now its just ok "closed."

Mrs. Prude....I'll be nice and not take this off topic and run with that..because you know I can. :twisted:

hiss srq
2007-09-24, 09:14 PM
Ha ha Tommy, you stated exactly what I was thinking and about to go and run with.

cancidas
2007-09-24, 11:50 PM
i'm wondering why they kept calling you ma'am. do you sound like a girl over the phone? (happens to my coworkers on the radio all the time :borat: )

Alex T
2007-09-25, 12:11 AM
i'm wondering why they kept calling you ma'am. do you sound like a girl over the phone? (happens to my coworkers on the radio all the time :borat: )

Ask Tommy, he has spoken to me on the phone.

I don't have a VERY deep voice, but it certainly isn't very high pitched, I think my phone quality I use for deaf people makes my voice disorientated.

Alex

Matt Molnar
2007-09-25, 11:04 AM
A $90 annual fee is ridiculous in this day and age, even for a mileage card.

Tom_Turner
2007-09-25, 10:53 PM
I went online to look once I got the card and sure enough I was immediatly charged 90 bucks for the annual fee.

Are you 100% sure you still aren't charged the $90 fee anyway... ?? :lol:

Tom

Tom_Turner
2007-09-25, 10:56 PM
Most of the time now Alex they will just close the card and that's that. A huge compliant from customers in the past trying to close accounts was the loops you had to go through.

I believe this is exactly right. Companies have learned not to badger customers on the way out, in the hopes of not alienating them from ever coming back again/preventing bad word of mouth to other potential customers etc.

Tom

adam613
2007-09-26, 10:44 AM
I believe this is exactly right. Companies have learned not to badger customers on the way out, in the hopes of not alienating them from ever coming back again/preventing bad word of mouth to other potential customers etc.

AOL also got stung by Eliot Spitzer's investigation over their refusal to let users cancel. That woke up a lot of companies that have customer service departments.