PDA

View Full Version : "Boeing November Golf Foxtrot Tango"

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-23, 10:08 PM
Sorry for another mystery callsign thread, but this was another one I was hearing on NY Approach today, "Boeing November Golf Foxtrot Tango". The pilot's voice was foreign, and they did not take instruction well. I heard them shortly before the Iran SP came in, but I don't think it was him. Another VIP perhaps?

Eager to learn the aircraft type most of all. My searches didn't bring me anything.

Any ideas?

AirtrafficController
2007-09-23, 10:22 PM
Its was the Nigerian Air Force BBJ Phil
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/AirtrafficController/082-3.jpg

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-23, 10:25 PM
Yeah, that's it! Thank you, good work!

ATC was telling this guy to slow to 180 and the pilot copied turning his heading to 180. Then he was taking ATC orders for other planes, too. It was funny.

Thanks again.

moose135
2007-09-23, 10:56 PM
ATC was telling this guy to slow to 180 and the pilot copied turning his heading to 180. Then he was taking ATC orders for other planes, too. It was funny.

I'm sure in Nigeria, you can just about do anything you want to, so I'm sure ATC in New York is quite an experience for them. :wink:

Gerard
2007-09-24, 06:03 PM
[>ATC was telling this guy to slow to 180 and the pilot copied turning his heading to 180. Then he was taking ATC orders for other planes, too. It was funny.<

Not funny if he causes an accident.
Oy.

PhilDernerJr
2007-09-24, 07:49 PM
Good point. But sometimes you gotta laugh.

Gerard
2007-09-24, 10:57 PM
>Good point. But sometimes you gotta laugh<

Actually more than sometimes. Laughter is great medicine. But I understand what he was saying.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-09-25, 04:41 AM
Oh dear. Nigeria quite sadly has one of the worst commercial aviation safety records in recent history, and given that they ended up shutting down many domestic carriers for this reason and essentially outsourcing the national longhaul airline to someone who could presumably do a better job (i.e. Virgin Nigeria), one would hope if not expect that the nation's leaders would have pilots who were a bit more attentive than this implies. Perhaps the Nigerian crew was just busy sending out those faxes telling people they had a million dollars in a Swiss bank account and if you'd just help them get it...

stuart schechter
2007-09-25, 08:05 PM
With the Registration 5N-FGT, how is it Golf Fox Tango?

Gerard
2007-09-25, 08:16 PM
> Perhaps the Nigerian crew was just busy sending out those faxes telling people they had a million dollars in a Swiss bank account and if you'd just help them get it=<

LOL Now THAT is funny!!!!!