PDA

View Full Version : LGA-CLT-MCO-DCA-LGA

hiss srq
2007-09-20, 01:16 PM
So yesterday upon invite from a WN flight atendant I headded down to MCO for a night. I left LGA on the PSA319 flying in first class and had a pretty intresting discussion about airline product ironic enough struck up by my seat mate. The winds in CLT made for a rought ride into the area. I landed in CLT an expected to have about 3 hours on the ground there but than saw that a 757 was boarding to MCO so I hopped on that one instead. The ride south was even more turbulent as we moved through a weather system. We landed in MCO early and to my supirse ship 901 (Arizona 757) and 733 the steelers 319 were side by side at gates.

I roamed around waiting for Marie to get in from her BWI trip and than we went to dinner. Afterwards we were on a VIP list for a private party at a club called Mako's. The party was called "a mid summers eve" . Cool! A great night by far and than it was time to go at 0700 for DCA. At this point in the trip as still stands now I have not slept since 0700 yesterday morning. We flew on ship 420 in new colors (737-400) which I have shot at LGA.
[airlinerstp://www.airliners.net/open.file/1180662/L/[/airlinersI had the emrgency exit window all to myself through boarding and than someone who looked very familliar sits down in opposite window. Sure enough it was a friend of mine who is a Ejet captain with Republic.

About 15 minutes after we level off the A flight attendant makes an announcement that they are looking for a medical professional as well as someone who speaks Chinese to report to the first class cabin. I did not get all the details but a Chinese lady in row 3 got severely sick somehow and the captain did announce that we might divert if needed. Lucky for us the lady was not in as bad of shape as once though and was escourted off by the fire department upon arrival at DCA.

I got off the flight and went for a little breakfast. I took a swig of the milk I bought and sure enough it had expired 2 weeks ago. Urrrrrr...... Oh well. Don't fret over spoiled milk.

I go sit at the gate which at this point is empty as the steelers 319 turns dowwn our end of the concorse and I got excited as it looked like this would be our plane. WRONG! So when our plane does come in we finally get on board and push only to have our wheels up time delayed. We landed at LGA without a hitch and made up most of the time in flight actually. All and all a great trip. Now the hard part comes. Going to work till 0100 LCL.

lijk604
2007-09-20, 01:32 PM
All that for no sleep...must have been a good night. :mrgreen:

LGA777
2007-09-20, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a good time Spellman. I think there is a Mako's in Tampa, sounds real familiar ?

LGA777

hiss srq
2007-09-20, 04:39 PM
You know, I think there is actually on Dale Mabry someplace.

stuart schechter
2007-09-24, 08:38 PM
Sounds like a great time. Hope you had fun!