PDA

View Full Version : Alligent MD-80 enroute to FRG

T-Bird76
2007-09-07, 11:49 AM
Well thanks to Ron's post about Flightaware new feature I was bull****ing around with it and noticed Alligent has a flight inbound to FRG right now! I think this might be a first for them, might have to take a drive down at lunch to take a peek at her.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAY4071

MarkLawrence
2007-09-07, 12:13 PM
It seems like there is an Allegiant coming into FLL around 1pm from MCO - think I might try and catch that - also, Flightaware says there is a Compass E170 due around the same time that Flightstats doesn't have - I'll maybe look for that too.....

LGA777
2007-09-07, 12:46 PM
I noticed from reading a college football thread a few weeks ago on a.net Alligent actually has the contract to carry quite a few college football teams this year so I am guessing it is related to that. With a lot of their city pairs being only 2-3 freqs a week it probably gives them the flexibulity to provide this sort of lift, and probably at a good price.

LGA777

MarkLawrence
2007-09-07, 02:37 PM
The Allegiant into KFLL was an old color scheme - I have it in the queue for jp - was just wondering though - I can find no other pics of Allegiant at KFLL in the db - would that count as hot? - I haven't marked it as hot - but was just wondering.

lijk604
2007-09-07, 03:10 PM
Nope. The reg. is probably already in the database.
Allegiant already flies the MD-80.
New to an airport is not a "hot" photo.

lijk604
2007-09-07, 03:15 PM
I noticed from reading a college football thread a few weeks ago on a.net Alligent actually has the contract to carry quite a few college football teams this year so I am guessing it is related to that. With a lot of their city pairs being only 2-3 freqs a week it probably gives them the flexibulity to provide this sort of lift, and probably at a good price.

LGA777

Well let's see. This week Hofstra plays Furman university. Furman is from Greenville, SC.
AAY4071 came from GSP...I'll lay money that the Furman football team was on board.