PDA

View Full Version : Delta Says Goodbye to Jerry Grinstein

FlyNavy
2007-08-31, 10:56 PM
From an internal company memo:

To: Delta Colleagues Worldwide
Subject: GOING, GOING, GONE…AKA, LAST DAY LAST WORDS

The time has come to say goodbye. It is hard to leave and hard to believe that just over three years ago our company was struggling for survival against an onslaught of adverse marketplace conditions and a new breed of low-cost competitors. Together, you were determined to transform Delta – financially, competitively and culturally – and, thanks to your tremendous efforts and sacrifices, you succeeded. You did exactly what you set out to do. The results are nothing short of miraculous.

Today, because of your good work, Delta has a fresh start and controls its future. Your resounding call – heard the world over – to “Keep Delta My Delta” lives on through your actions. Every time a flight safely takes off and lands on time, a customer is helped, a bag is delivered, an engine is serviced, a plane is cleaned, a new product is offered, an extra dollar is saved or an extra dollar is earned, you’re keeping Delta’s battle cry to remain in charge of its own destiny alive. Importantly, now that you have a significant stake in your company, the success you help make possible also will be meaningful to you personally.

Delta now embarks on a new era. With Richard and Ed and the rest of the management team, you have savvy leadership committed to preserving Delta’s special culture and promoting its brand. Together with your professionalism and commitment to excellence you all will continue to accomplish great things.

You have my deepest gratitude, respect and admiration. It has been a privilege to serve beside you, the greatest people in the industry. Thank you for being such terrific colleagues, for all of the wonderful farewells, and for giving me 48,000 reasons to never forget you or what you have achieved.

Jerry