PDA

View Full Version : LGA-BWI & WN BWI-ISP: Meet? Where to sit?

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-23, 05:50 PM
Tomorrow I will be flying on Air Wisconsin Flt3815 from LGA to BWI. This is US Airways, right?

Coming back Sunday night, I'm flying BWI-ISP on Southwest on Flt687, then limo'ing back to Queens. I wish they'd put me on an LGA flight, but oh well.

Looks like my first CRJ flight. I'm pretty excited. Where should I sit?

Anyone going to be in BWI tomorrow?

Iberia A340-600
2007-08-23, 06:02 PM
I've flown on a CRJ-200 twice before and ended up sitting in the bulk head on both of my flights. Granted these flights were on Air Nostrum (Iberia regional carrier) but I'm sure the seat map is similar.

You don't want to be seated towards the back because when there is a line for the bathroom it can kind of get crowded in the small aisle in the back.

Basically I'd sit either over the wing or before the wing. Seatguru is showing that row 7 and 14 are poor seats.

Enjoy your flights!

T-Bird76
2007-08-23, 07:54 PM
I'd try to get bulkhead seating or exit row. Air Wisky's CRJ's are nothing to write home about.

Mateo
2007-08-23, 08:23 PM
The last row (13 on Air Canada, probably 14 on all US-based airlines) is a rump row with 2 seats and then the lav, so I'd probably avoid it. Otherwise, it's a CRJ, and you'll be in the air for all of 25 minutes, anyway. Not much to see in Baltimore or environs, so I'd choose either the non-sunny side of the plane or whichever one will get you the good view of Manhattan based upon the departure from LGA. If it's your first time on a CRJ, you'll be shocked how low the windows are.

Alex T
2007-08-23, 09:19 PM
Well Phil

Checked up your flight, looks to be oversold for now.

Not one seat showing open, however can always change.

Be sure to check in at the 24hr mark to get an A boarding Pass, they go out easily, if your concerned about an A.

Otherwise, I hope it turns out differently from your last WN flight and things go better!

Alex

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-23, 10:27 PM
Thanks, Alex. I'll try to set that up. I want a bulkhead aisle so bad.

hiss srq
2007-08-24, 08:08 AM
Well it was great to see you again today here. I am glad you could pop into the Tower too.

T-Bird76
2007-08-24, 11:49 AM
Well it was great to see you again today here. I am glad you could pop into the Tower too.

Wow you never had me in the tower and I'm a real customer, not some ID90 rev person...man what does Elite get you on US? Wait till Tempe hears this! lol

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-24, 12:18 PM
I didn't ID90. :-p

I'm in BWI now, and so far, the trip is going ok.

Ileft myhouse at 6:28am, took the N train to Astoria Blvd and an M60 pulled up right away at 6:43, and I got off at the US Airways terminal at 7:01.

Security was ok, I went through with the normal folks as there didn't seem to be a crew line, an went to my gate.

Once I got to the bottom of the ramp, I literally almost walked into hiss. A pleasant surprise, as I didn't think any of our US friends would be working so early. Hung out with him for a bit and joined the rest of my crew (I had thought I was flying alone) and flew out.

It wasmy first CRJ flight. Iknew my roller would need to be gate-checked, but there was no one to receive it, so I just put it with the other bags sitting at the bottom of the steps.

I had seat 1A. On a CRJ, the fuselage is so round it's almost uncomfortable. The window is very low, which is cool to look at the ground but annoying if you want to look a something when you're on the ground.

The flying was very smooth. Even though it was cloudy at times, no bumps and te CRJ makes for a comfy ride, save for some ups and downs that do not jolt and are customary on these flights from what I understand.

We landed at 9:58am after an 8:29 departure.

I'm now in the business center of the Wingate Inn near BWI.

Thanks again, Ryan. Good times!

Alex T
2007-08-24, 01:05 PM
"Literally almost ran into Hiss.."

Kinda of like me when I about ran into Mario at DFW, very pleasent and always a great surprise when it happens!

Have a good time!

Alex