PDA

View Full Version : Utah Miners

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-19, 07:00 PM
It's been two weeks that these 6 men have been missing, buried in the mine. They were holding onto hope for a while, but it seems as though they are giving up.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293750,00.html

They are now saying that they may never get them out. I really hope that they at least find their bodies for the families. To know where they are, probably intact, and not be able to bury them and hold a normal service is rough on closure.

Part of me wishes that they'd find them alive still, of course. I don't recall any positive stories like that recently...where someone goes missing or defies all the odds to end up living after being in a mine or buried after an earthquake or something in a long time.

With the other mine tragedy a couple years ago with only 1 survivor, the 181 Chinese minders the other day as well....time for some serious revamping of this industry. I hope they get paid well.

mirrodie
2007-08-19, 08:43 PM
I just get sick thinking about the entire situation and pray for their families.

T-Bird76
2007-08-19, 09:59 PM
The entire situation is simply horrifying. I couldn't believe when I heard that three rescue workers were killed as well. The entire situation is just a total disaster.

Matt Molnar
2007-08-19, 11:56 PM
I feel bad for the miners and their families, but it's very unlikely that they're alive, and if they're dead there's no sense risking the lives of others to retrieve them.