PDA

View Full Version : Toothbrush Annoyance

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-13, 02:08 PM
Over the past decade or so, the size of toothbrush handles have grown in thickness. In the race to make the bigger and better toothbrush more closely resemble a meat tenderizer, bathroom vanity design has fallen somewhat behind.

In the past two years, I lived in four places, and have visited countless hotel rooms. Everywhere I go, I see ceramic cup holders and toothbrush holders built into the wall....that have not been able to hold a toothbrush since 1989 because the holes are so tiny.

I currently have the standard cup holder built into the wall with surrounding holes intended to house 4 toothbrushes. Ours do not fit, so we are forced to use a cup, one that is not intended to hold such. We also employ a tongue scraper in our dental hygiene equipment, which also would need storage with the toothbrushes.

So, I have to ask, what is the default (built-in) setup for toothbrushes in your home? How many people do you share your bathroom with? And most importantly, how do you accommodate your toothbrushes?

lijk604
2007-08-13, 02:17 PM
Toothbrushes, flossers & tongue scrapers in a cup underneath the toothbrush holder.
One each me & the wife.

emshighway
2007-08-13, 02:24 PM
I think you have been sunning yourself in that engine too long. If this is all you have to be worried about then god bless you :lol:

I actually lay them across the holder and the cup is on the vanity.

Matt Molnar
2007-08-13, 02:28 PM
The bathroom is kind of a nasty place to store things that go in your mouth, in my opinion. I keep my toothbrush in a pen cup on the desk in my bedroom. :)

moose135
2007-08-13, 02:31 PM
I use a Sonicare electric, it stays in the charger base in the bedroom.

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-13, 02:36 PM
I think you have been sunning yourself in that engine too long. If this is all you have to be worried about then god bless you

Mel and I are about to start decorating our apartment more, and this is one area that plagues me! :lol:

emshighway
2007-08-13, 02:53 PM
I think you have been sunning yourself in that engine too long. If this is all you have to be worried about then god bless you

Mel and I are about to start decorating our apartment more, and this is one area that plagues me! :lol:

Mel has been watching a lot of TLC? My wife get's great ideas from that channel and I get the hunnydo list :(

T-Bird76
2007-08-13, 02:54 PM
Funny you mention this....At my company's Sales meeting last week I asked the Colgate rep why they don't make their toothbrushes with a handle that fits in the toothbrush holder in most bathrooms. He said the larger base is more ergonomically correct for brushing. On another note after that meeting now have enough oversized handled toothbrushes to last a life time, along with toothpaste, whitening kits, and mouth wash.

Mateo
2007-08-13, 07:34 PM
I lay it across the top of the built-in thing. Of course, it's just me, so I'm not jostling for position with anyone else.

Mellyrose
2007-08-13, 08:51 PM
I'd rather my tooth brush be away (in a cabinet, etc) to prevent germs and dust (and Phil's beard trimmings?) from getting on it, though that's usually not the case because Phil likes them to be within a moment's reach.

This is rather annoying. I do like the thicker handles, but where the hell do you put them?

hiss srq
2007-08-13, 09:32 PM
I keep mine in the cabinent in the upstairs bedroom for me and my sister. My sister keeps hers in the shower (birdbrain) My parents keep theirs on the cabinent in their bathroom. All guests get the downstairs bathroom to their likeing for the toothbrust but we do supply a cup for storage if you so wish.

mirrodie
2007-08-13, 10:42 PM
YOu think you have problems?

Our ceramic t-brush holder is about to crack apart. :( That means I've got to re-do the bathroom!

Can we trade problems? ;)

T-Bird76
2007-08-14, 09:29 AM

Our ceramic t-brush holder is about to crack apart. :( That means I've got to re-do the bathroom!

You're redoing you're entire bathroom over a cracked tooth brush holder? Just buy a new one and put it up! Oh or better yet Mario have Home Depot install it, let them **** it up and have them pay for you're new bathroom like they did with my new kitchen, hehe

moose135
2007-08-14, 09:48 AM
You're redoing you're entire bathroom over a cracked tooth brush holder? Just buy a new one and put it up!

Obviously, you've never been married, Tommy. It's never that easy. A cracked tooth brush holder leads to redoing the bathroom. With a new bathroom, now you have to redo the kitchen. And you can't have that ratty old living room with a new kitchen. And now that I'm looking at it, there are some missing shingles and the house could really use a new coat of paint...

Midnight Mike
2007-08-14, 10:29 AM

You're redoing you're entire bathroom over a cracked tooth brush holder? Just buy a new one and put it up! Oh or better yet Mario have Home Depot install it, let them **** it up and have them pay for you're new bathroom like they did with my new kitchen, hehe

It is amazing the things you can do when you are single :D :wink:

cancidas
2007-08-14, 12:22 PM
right now everything is on my dresser because i'm redoing the bathroom. almost done, but i too share your problem phil. normally, they stay in medicine cabinet.

mirrodie
2007-08-14, 02:17 PM
Obviously, you've never been married, Tommy. It's never that easy. A cracked tooth brush holder leads to redoing the bathroom. ..

No joke. Heard last night at the hacienda, "Ugh, I hate the bathroom. Its so disgusting!

:cry:

Midnight Mike
2007-08-14, 02:45 PM
Obviously, you've never been married, Tommy. It's never that easy. A cracked tooth brush holder leads to redoing the bathroom. ..

No joke. Heard last night at the hacienda, "Ugh, I hate the bathroom. Its so disgusting!

:cry:

Uh, oh! Shosh is getting into wife mode!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Smileys/toilet15.gif