PDA

View Full Version : Best Military Trips

cancidas
2007-08-10, 11:03 PM
inspired by an anet thread, for those of us who served what was the best trip you've ever taken while you were in the service? as for me:

my most fun was relocting 4 blackhawks to germany. we ferried the brids to Luke then loaded them onto a C-5. all we took with us were a case of MREs and a few sleeping bags. one the helos were strapped down we headed upstairs for takeoff. once we passed FL180 the crew chief told us we were ok to walk around. i managed to get some sleep on the floor of one of the hawks, slept through the inflight refuel too. once we landed in germany we helped the crew chiefs get the bird off the aiplane, flew them once we put the blades back on and headed over to a C-17 headed stateside. the C-17 stopped at at McGuire to offload two pallets and then headed off to Holloman. from holloman we took a MH-53 that dropped us back at Luke and took two humvees home. total time on the trip was two days i think, ttoal time recovering was probably another two.

Nick
2007-08-13, 02:12 PM
Nothing worth mentioning, I'll keep ya posted!

Midnight Mike
2007-08-13, 03:32 PM
My best trip in the Navy was went I went from:

Guam - Japan(Atsugi)

Japan - Philippines (Stuck on the ground in the Philippines, crew wanted to stay longer) anybody who has ever been to the Philippines would understand :wink:

Philippines - Korea (Osan) Great shopping in Korea, I did all of my Christmas shopping.

Korea - Hong Kong (While in Hong Kong, I saw an actor from Police Acamedy (Commandant Lasard) very nice guy, one of my buddies kept screaming your Punky Brewster's father.

Hong Kong - Philippines (airplane broke again in the Philippines, boy I never saw that one coming)

Hong Kong - Japan (end of trip)

moose135
2007-08-13, 04:00 PM
Guess my best trip was a 3 week TDY to RAF Mildenhall. We stopped at Pease AFB, NH where we met up with a KC-10 and dragged a gaggle of F-4s across the Atlantic. While at Mildenhall, I got to see an SR-71 up close (close enough to touch) and see a couple of them blast off. We refueled Luftwaffe Tornados (West German) over the buffer zone between West & East Germany on several occasions, and got to spend an entertaining weekend in London.

Midnight Mike
2007-08-13, 05:50 PM
Guess my best trip was a 3 week TDY to RAF Mildenhall. We stopped at Pease AFB, NH where we met up with a KC-10 and dragged a gaggle of F-4s across the Atlantic. While at Mildenhall, I got to see an SR-71 up close (close enough to touch) and see a couple of them blast off. We refueled Luftwaffe Tornados (West German) over the buffer zone between West & East Germany on several occasions, and got to spend an entertaining weekend in London.

Moose

I was at Misawa some time ago & snapped a picture of the SR-71 & the U-2 wingtip to wingtip, well base-security saw the flash, stopped the bus that I was on & took the film out of my camera. :(

moose135
2007-08-13, 06:53 PM
I was at Misawa some time ago & snapped a picture of the SR-71 & the U-2 wingtip to wingtip, well base-security saw the flash, stopped the bus that I was on & took the film out of my camera. :(

I got to take a tour of it inside its hangar at Mildenhall - they were doing a tour for some RAF ATC types, and I got to tag along. We go to see everything on the outside (no peeking into the cockpit) but cameras were definitely not permitted.