PDA

View Full Version : spotting at LGA/TEB and EWR July 2007

hb
2007-08-09, 03:42 PM
Had the pleasure to be in NY last month and I thought I'd share the following from my spotting experiences.

La Guardia.
Spotted discretely from the top of the escalator in B terminal. Spoke with the authorities and was told 'no problem.'

Teterboro.
Was waved on from trying to read off a couple of bizjets from the opposite side of the road from one of the FBOs.

Newark
Spoke to a TSA agent. No problems with that but another TSA agent approached me later and stated, 'don't mind you looking at the aircraft through your binoculars but can you not write down or text the tail numbers.'

This followed a complaint from a loud individual travelling to Paris who made it known to all around her that 'such activity could be someone planning to blow up an aircraft.' :shock:

T-Bird76
2007-08-09, 09:38 PM
Newark
Spoke to a TSA agent. No problems with that but another TSA agent approached me later and stated, 'don't mind you looking at the aircraft through your binoculars but can you not write down or text the tail numbers.'

What a crock of $hit that was....Of course you can write down tail numbers. I can't stand when law enforcement out right lies to the public.

MarkLawrence
2007-08-09, 09:54 PM
Without trying to stir anything Tommy - because they think it scares us and it makes them all the more authoritative - and that is only some of them - it is not a generalization at all - I've come across the friendliest law enforcement officers in NY and West Palm Beach!

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-09, 09:59 PM
But since he was inside the terminal, they could have stopped him altogether.

flyboy 28
2007-08-09, 10:11 PM
Newark

What a crock of $hit that was....Of course you can write down tail numbers. I can't stand when law enforcement out right lies to the public.

I dunno about commercial 'liners, but when I was granted ramp access at KABE they asked me not to take pictures of the N-number. Those were all privately owned biz-jets though. I guess they reserve that right. I was just happy to be able to get on the ramp, so I wasn't going to push my luck.