PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Stockholm

hiss srq
2007-08-04, 10:07 AM
I am planning on makeing a 3 day run out that way in a few weeks if I can get the days I want off from work to do it. Has anyone been there? Is there alot to do with what would probably equate to more like 1.5 days there with flying included? Thanks....

PHL Approach
2007-08-05, 02:18 AM
Found your passport I assume? You suck I wish I had a passport :roll: I actually worked 752 today, a whopping 3 cans! There was an article I believe in our magazine. Maybe it was May or April... So I've heard that Stockholm is the best city to stroll the streets. It's setup just for people to walk around and take in the sights.

SoPictureThis
2007-08-05, 03:43 AM
Ryan....BEE-ESSSSSSS!!!!!! You can't even take off 24 hrs to fly out to LA for free, so how do you think you're going to get 3 days off to go out of the country? I was in Stockholm last March, incredibly cool place. If you're REALLY going, give me a call. :roll:

- jMay

cancidas
2007-08-05, 11:02 AM
If you're REALLY going

LOL!!

hiss srq
2007-08-05, 01:11 PM
Yeah well excuse me, I am pretty much m aried to the tower and it is not always by choice.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-08-07, 03:06 AM
Hey Ryan, spent a summer in Gothenburg while in school and went over to Stockholm for a few days. Nice city, I didn't sample the nightlife but I know it's pretty good, just don't try to order Italian food, at the hostel I stayed at they gave me spaghetti with a bottle of ketchup.

The Gamla Stan (old town) is nice to walk around, also interesting to see the city hall where they give out the Nobel Prize. Also visited the Kaknastornet, a TV tower with an observation deck. The Skansen is pretty cool, it's like a combination of an outdoor museum, a zoo, and an entertainment complex on an island (Stockholm is sort of a city of islands). During the summer the sun stays out pretty late up there so it should make for some interesting nights out for you.

Since I don't remember much more than that, comprehensive info here:

http://www.stockholmtown.com/Default.as ... anguage=EN (http://www.stockholmtown.com/Default.aspx?epslanguage=EN)

Nonstop2AUH
2007-08-13, 06:35 PM
Having further consulted with a friend who actually lived there, here's some more Stockholm tips for you, including nightlife.

"See the Vasa museet, Kungsholmstorg and Stadshuset (where the Nobel prize dinner is held) the summer palace, a boat tour out to the Feather Islands, (vaxsjo if they don't have a lot of time, anywhere further if they have time).

Night time, spend some time at the outdoor cafes at Sture plan and then wander into the Spy Bar or Sturecompagniet for dancing. Cafe Opera for people watching and drinks. The outdoor bars, and especially the floating ones, down by the Strand across from Djurgarden, for mellow drinks/heavy appetizers in the late afternoon.

Vatten festivalen (the Water festival) is in August, so they should keep an eye out for those events, if the timing is right. "