PDA

View Full Version : No radio, no flight tracker. VIOLA WUNALA!

NIKV69
2007-08-01, 09:10 PM
Spent the last two afternoons at the mounds hoping to get Zoom. Well yesterday was nice but today shortly after I arrived and shot the regular tail Globespan I see a 747 in the distance, looks red. I look at my watch the time was right for the arrival of Qantas and then from the heavens it's Wunala Dreaming. What a time to get lucky. I mean for the last 3 shots I have wanted, Wunala, Habitat and Pink Delta I have left the radio home and not checked the flighttrackers and just went to a certain spot and shot. Who needs them! Here is the quick edit.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/905683/wulanajfknik.jpg

mirrodie
2007-08-01, 09:17 PM
G'DAY mate!

You are still a tool!!

8)

cancidas
2007-08-01, 11:11 PM
last two days? damn, i would have ditched what i was doing today if only you called. thanks...

MarkLawrence
2007-08-01, 11:18 PM
Damn you Nick!! Why wasn't that at 10,000' like the last time I saw it :twisted: :twisted:

Great catch!!!!

SoPictureThis
2007-08-02, 01:01 AM
Congratulations on the catch Nick; I know the NYC spotters are crazy for that thing when it's here in LA every other day. Looks like a solid first edit to me, you should be pleased!

- jMay

NIKV69
2007-08-02, 03:48 AM
Damn you Nick!! Why wasn't that at 10,000' like the last time I saw it

Darn that is right, that was the day Wunaladreaming saw it and drove to the cargo area. I am glad I waited, I knew the light would be tricky at 13L. No problem at the mounds tho, the light was dead on!

Congratulations on the catch Nick; I know the NYC spotters are crazy for that thing when it's here in LA every other day. Looks like a solid first edit to me, you should be pleased!

Thanks Josh I nailed a nice depature shot at LAX of her but the marine layer made uploading impossible so this was a nice surprise along with the conditions. I am not going to upload this shot but the one I took just after, the angle is better and you see the white and black kangaroo better.

last two days? damn, i would have ditched what i was doing today if only you called. thanks..

Both days were last minute Matt, I work 5 mins from JFK so if I am leaving work and the sun is out and the 22s are in use I head over.

AirtrafficController
2007-08-02, 08:55 AM
Nice catch, Lets go Outback Steakhouse tonight!

kc2aqg
2007-08-02, 09:15 AM
That's a great catch Nick! Congrats!

NIKV69
2007-08-02, 01:09 PM
Nice catch, Lets go Outback Steakhouse tonight!

Thanks guys and no to Outback, you want steak we are going to Jimmy Hays in Island Park. Google it.

cancidas
2007-08-05, 12:17 AM
[quote]Nice catch, Lets go Outback Steakhouse tonight!

Thanks guys and no to Outback, you want steak we are going to Jimmy Hays in Island Park. Google it.[/quote:14c98]

hey man, last time we were at outback it was good stuff too! yet to go to jimmy hays though.

T-Bird76
2007-08-06, 02:43 PM
Its about time you got this dam thing....I think the rest of us have it like what a million times already?? Man I don't even edit that **** up anymore, LOLOL :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

NIKV69
2007-08-06, 07:32 PM
I think the rest of us have it like what a million times already

Really, just checked the four pics of it from JFK and don't remember seeing your name.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/905683/flame.gif

yet to go to jimmy hays though

You will like it Matt.