PDA

View Full Version : NYCAviation's News Pages

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-01, 04:07 PM
While we work on completely reconstructing our news feeds and features, our news calendar page will be updated manually by myself and Matt until further notice.This means that all of its content will be based on research and submissions from YOU.

See a mistake? Tell us. Something that's not there? Shoot an email!

In fact, we will now be adding news from the surrounding NYC area. That will include TEB, ISP, SWF, HPN, TTN and other local facilities. This will also include changes in helicopter and other aviation-related events that might be relevant for blurbs on the calendar.

If there's a news event, coming or in the past, that you have a photo that you'd like to submit for consideration to be added to that blurb, please email a link to it.* (IMPORTANT: read below for details)

Another small change you'll see is that all airport codes and airline names are highlighted in dark red, so you can find news that you might be more interested in with ease.

More importantly, tell us what you like or dislike about the news pages. Does the layout, and text used allow you to find the info you want with the most ease? Are there too many photos? Not enough? What other features or information would you like to see on news pages?

Please let us know. Your help is what makes this community strong!

All news submissions should be emailed to [email protected].

* - From now on, we will only be accepting links to JetPhotos.net photos, or personal photo file attachments. If you want to add a watermark, please do so, but then also include a thumbnail set to 150 pixels wide in addition to the full size version (please keep the full size between 800-1200 pixels wide). JetPhotos.net links do not require you to submit thumbnails.

nwafan20
2007-08-01, 10:14 PM
I like it, but quite possibly could we add the year to the date as well? Because i'm confused, is that "December" December 06, or 07?

jakbar
2007-08-01, 11:23 PM
* - From now on, we will only be accepting links to JetPhotos.net photos, or personal photo file attachments. If you want to add a watermark, please do so, but then also include a thumbnail set to 150 pixels wide in addition to the full size version (please keep the full size between 800-1200 pixels wide). JetPhotos.net links do not require you to submit thumbnails.

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for you accepting photos from JP.net and not A.net?

PhilDernerJr
2007-08-02, 12:29 AM
I like it, but quite possibly could we add the year to the date as well? Because i'm confused, is that "December" December 06, or 07?

Reasonable enough. :)

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for you accepting photos from JP.net and not A.net?

It's a decision I made mostly to promote the NYCAviation Spotting Group.