PDA

View Full Version : Airplane trading cards

nwafan20
2007-08-01, 01:15 AM
Hey guys,

Well, while I was away this weekend going down to an airport that my friends family is moving to, one of them gave me 2 packs of aviation trading cards. He showed me the whole set before, but I never got any. They are pretty cool, ranging from GA aircraft, to helos, to commercial airplanes, to military airplanes and historic airplanes. In fact, my friend wrote about 15 of the cards' "information" side. They are actually pretty cool, neat photos both on the front and back, good information, and fun to use to quiz your friends to see if they can name that aircraft :D

*Plug*

So yeah, they are made by a resident of my local area and sold at quite a few "pilot places" around the nation including the EAA museum.

Currently there are 121 cards in all, also interesting is that they include 2 aviation trivia cards and another card (either an aircraft spotting log card, or something similar) in the pack.

I am not officially selling these (nor making any profit), but I thought I would ask if any of you want to buy some, PM me and I will see what I can do, if he makes a small profit on these, he will make a new set.

The cards that I have from just the two packs:

#7 Agusta A-109E
#9 Airbus A330
#16 Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey
#20 Boeing 737
#22 Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
#24 Boeing C-17 Globemaster
#27 Cessna 150 & 152
#36 Aerospatiale-BAC Concorde
#41 De Havilland Canada DHC-8
#42 De Havilland DH-82
#50 Great Lakes 2T-1A
#55 Lockheed C-130 Hercules
#57 F-117 Nighthawk
#66 North American T-6 Texan
#69 North American P-51 Mustang
#87 Vans RV-6
4 aviation trivia cards
-Sample question from the card:

Question: "A private interest managed to construct a fully operational military helicopter from various publicly-available surplus parts. What type of helicopter was it?"
Answer: Well, lets hold off on the answer and see if any of you can get it!!! ;)

Anyway, just PM me if you want some and I will see what I can do. I will also try to take a picture of one of the cards for ya guys.

nwafan20
2007-08-02, 02:29 PM
Found out he has a website: http://alphatangocharlie.com/Index1.asp

mirrodie
2007-08-02, 03:14 PM
interesting. My wifes grandmother had a bunch of real old school aviation trading cards. Got to see if I can did them up.

lijk604
2007-08-02, 04:04 PM
interesting. My wifes grandmother had a bunch of real old school aviation trading cards. Got to see if I can did them up.

I'm pretty sure I still have some lying around somewhere. Mario has the key phrase though..."dig them up"