PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Launcher found near Newark Airport

MarkLawrence
2007-07-20, 12:22 PM
Damn!!!!

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_201113005.html

markg
2007-07-20, 01:00 PM
Probably planted there by PAPD to prove to spotters and photographers that a terror threat exists :D

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-21, 12:51 AM
Why has this not gotten more attention?

USAF Pilot 07
2007-07-21, 01:16 AM
Interesting.... The launcher, they say, had already been used, so what would be the point of leaving it on someone's front lawn? Also, what kind of people were able to find this weapon and perhaps use it? It sounds like there is more to this story than just meets the eye. I hope investigators are working to figure out the "whys" and "whos" behind this event....

AirtrafficController
2007-07-21, 10:47 AM
They said that it was a one shot launcher in that it fired only one shot and then it was pretty much useless. It was about 20 years old and non-operational so I am guessing someone from the Army or Marines bought it home as a souviner. It was an anti-tank missile launcher with a range of about a mile.

emshighway
2007-07-21, 11:20 AM
This appears to be a souvenir some one dumped. Chances are it was a training item. If it was live it would not have been a weapon to take down an aircraft. It is an anti-tank weapon for low and slow vehicles.

JCPD responded, put it in their trunk then drove back to the Precinct (dummies :oops: ).

The army has it now and are tracing where it was suppose to be.

stuart schechter
2007-07-21, 12:28 PM
I would think that it could be traced by serial numbers and such...

Tom_Turner
2007-07-25, 09:55 PM
It is odd how these stories die out... I guess no one cares really. Yeah, its non operational... Can't folks buy these kind of things from the govt anyway in some way/shape/form?