PDA

View Full Version : "Airliners.net" scanned on photos

RDU-JFK
2007-07-20, 10:35 AM
I'm not a photographer but I was curious what you all think about the airliners.net being superimposed on some photos. Personally I hate looing at a photo with this on it, and I don't download it for my personal collection of screensavers.

I mean I thought airliners.net was mainly for people to enjoy free photographs, and if you want to make money you should use other means.

Thoughts?

NIKV69
2007-07-20, 10:39 AM
It's an eyesore but serves a useful purpose. Pictures are constantly stolen and used without permission. I think it's up to photog.

NcSchu
2007-07-20, 11:30 AM
Yes, jetphotos has the same watermark feature. The photographer can choose the position and intensity of the watermark on his/her picture if they want to protect it.

pgengler
2007-07-20, 01:38 PM
The way I see it, if the photographer wants to ruin their photo with a watermark, that's their choice. I typically lose interest in a photo, no matter how good, as soon as I see a nice, intrusive one.

stuart schechter
2007-07-20, 03:31 PM
That's why I have a First Class account. No watermarks!

PHL Approach
2007-07-21, 02:22 AM
That's why I have a First Class account. No watermarks!

It's ok, eventually you'll stop paying it. Unless Mommy and Daddy are paying every month for it. Just like the hundreds of other first class members they just don't pay it one month. I'm glad that I'm done with my one time payment. As for watermarks, I think it does ruin photos. I'll never upload with one. Just keep your eyes peeled for stolen photos or as we've seen in the photography forum. Other helpful photographers usually stumble across stolen stuff and then it gets settled. Why ruin the view for the good people that really enjoy the hobby just because of a few bad people.

Mellyrose
2007-07-21, 11:12 AM
Unless Mommy and Daddy are paying every month for it.

That seemed uncalled for. (?)

T-Bird76
2007-07-21, 11:34 AM
I see nothing wrong with the watermark, and you can easily place it in areas on the photo that will not ruin the main subject. The fact is people steal photos left and right and the need exists for the watermarks. Its BS IMO that A.net doesn't show the Watermark for first-class members, so if someone wants to steal you're photo they lay out a couple of bucks steal you're picture and cancel their membership.

stuart schechter
2007-07-21, 12:53 PM
[quote="stuart schechter":1f7fd]That's why I have a First Class account. No watermarks!

It's ok, eventually you'll stop paying it. Unless Mommy and Daddy are paying every month for it. Just like the hundreds of other first class members they just don't pay it one month. I'm glad that I'm done with my one time payment. As for watermarks, I think it does ruin photos. I'll never upload with one. Just keep your eyes peeled for stolen photos or as we've seen in the photography forum. Other helpful photographers usually stumble across stolen stuff and then it gets settled. Why ruin the view for the good people that really enjoy the hobby just because of a few bad people.[/quote:1f7fd]

And you have to be an ******* because?? As Mel said, that was very uncalled for. I pay for my membership per year and enjoy it. So keep your funny cute little remarks to yourself and get an attitude adjustment.