PDA

View Full Version : Photography at T4

AirtrafficController
2007-07-20, 09:48 AM
I am going to JFK tommorow (T4) to drop my grandmother off for her flight on LOT Flight 7 to Warsaw. I am planning to bring my new scanner and camera with me. Can you name any good places to take some photos?

Iberia A340-600
2007-07-20, 09:58 AM
The departure deck outside has some good views of the outside of Concourse B and the outside of Concourse A as well as the taxiway between Terminal 3 and Terminal 4. Inside the terminal on the duty free level and food court level there are some windows around with some good views of the inside ramp of Terminal 4.

I would highly suggest NOT BRINGING YOUR SCANNER to Terminal 4 because security is rather tight there and there are usually armed guards around the terminal and on the departure deck. So once again DON'T BRING YOUR SCANNER!

I'll post pictures later on in the day of shots that can be taken from the departure deck outside on both ends.

kc2aqg
2007-07-20, 11:28 AM
I would actually not recommend taking pictures out the windows in T4 if you are not in the secured area. The last time I did so, I got talked to by a really nasty security guard from whatever private company manages security at T4. Granted he approached the situation all wrong and with the wrong tone/attitude, he still had the right to throw me out of the terminal or raise issue with the authorities had I kept shooting so I stopped. Watch out for those guys, the horse they ride is mighty high!

markg
2007-07-20, 01:20 PM
Go to the roof of the parking garage, and just sit in your car until you want to take a shot of something then get back in your car straight away.

stuart schechter
2007-07-20, 03:23 PM
I brought my scanner there and got eyed at by two U.S. Army guys going past the el al ticket counters. Kinda nerveracking if you ask me.

Iberia A340-600
2007-07-20, 03:35 PM
This shot was taken from the far right of the departure deck:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/swfshots/pk742jfk.jpg

This shot was taken from the far left of the departure deck:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/swfshots/ai744nosejfk.jpg

And once again, don't take your scanner. Spare yourself the trouble.

AirtrafficController
2007-07-20, 04:20 PM
yea I will leave my scanner in the car.

nikon50bigma
2007-07-21, 09:27 AM
Nice PIA shot.