PDA

View Full Version : Europe 2007 Report Added!!!

ketko
2007-07-18, 06:09 PM
Hi!
As the day of departure for my spotting trip is coming, I decided to start this topic.
I will keep you updated about it in this topic, so firstly ill start with some background information.

This year, instead of classic vacation on the beach, I decided to do something more adventurous and tiring. I decided to go on a week spotting trip, with goal of visiting as many airports and flying as many new aircrafts and airlines as possible.

After few hours of planning, I booked my final itineary which looks like that :
24.7. Vienna - Frankfurt Niki A320
24.7. Frankfurt - Madrid LAN A340
25.7. Madrid - Barcelona Spanair 717
25.7. Barcelona - Madrid Vueling A320
26.7. Madrid - Frankfurt LAN A340
26.7. Frakfurt - London Heathrow British A319
28.7. London Heathrow - Dusseldorf British 767
29.7. Dusseldorf - Paris CDG Air France A320
29.7. Paris CDG - Vienna Air France A320

This itineary means, that I will fly on following aircrafts new in my log :
717, 767

...and airlines :
Niki, LAN, Spanair, Vueling

...and visit following new airports :
Madrid, Barcelona, London Heathrow

In addition to that, I am going to take 5 min helicopter sightseeing tour in Barcelona. It is operated by CatHelicopters. Main purpose of taking this quite expensive flight is to experience VTOL for the first time.

Thank you fo reading. I hope you will enjoy my next posts about this trip.

TRIP REPORT
http://knspotter.yc.cz/reports/EU07

Matt Molnar
2007-07-19, 02:29 PM
Awesome, ketko. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing the pics. Good job booking the A340 on the fairly short MAD-FRA hop...about equivalent to flying JFK-ORD, except the biggest planes we get for routes like that are RJ's. :)

stuart schechter
2007-07-21, 11:33 AM
I look forward to your trip reports as they are some of the best I have read!

ketko
2007-08-02, 05:45 PM
Hi all!
So finally back from the trip. One of the best I've ever been on. For sure it was fun and not that tiring as I thought. Most frequent question was between check-in agents : 'Can he fly if he's 16 alone?' :D Never experienced it before, even when I was 15...
I hope you will enjoy the report, and thanks for reading and comments...

stuart schechter
2007-08-05, 01:52 PM
Great report!!! I spotted at CDG for 2 days and never got stopped. Interesting knowledge.