PDA

View Full Version : Stubbed my toe...

RDU-JFK
2007-07-18, 09:54 AM
...pretty bad last night. The 4th toe (next to the big one). its bruised on the "knuckle" but no major swelling. Hurts to walk. Anyone have any home treatment remedies? I'm not sure a doctor can do much about it...

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-18, 09:59 AM
Happened to me once.

http://www.arthurprice.com/arthurprice/media/products/7112large.jpg

But seriously, if the bruise itself is tender, then you might just have to wait for it to heal. If areas of the toe outside of the bruise hurts, there is a slight chance it can be broken. Many people break their toes and never realize it.

I'd wait a few days and see if it improves at all. Little swelling is a good sign though.

Midnight Mike
2007-07-18, 10:24 AM
...pretty bad last night. The 4th toe (next to the big one). its bruised on the "knuckle" but no major swelling. Hurts to walk. Anyone have any home treatment remedies? I'm not sure a doctor can do much about it...

In the past when I did something like that, I would ice it down & then rub some Vitaim E & Aloe Vera gel on it.....

mirrodie
2007-07-18, 10:57 AM
Just happened t me last night too. THe most painful thing on earth.

I usually break into a cold sweat for a few moments. Then the pain simmers down a notch in about 4 minutes then I try to walk around on it as much as possible. If I'm still in pain at the end of the hour, Tiger Balm.

If at the end of 2 hours, which hasn't happened yet (knocks wood), I see a podiatrist.

moose135
2007-07-18, 11:01 AM
In the past when I did something like that, I would ice it down & then rub some Vitaim E & Aloe Vera gel on it.....

Do you carry that in your purse, there, Mike :D

Midnight Mike
2007-07-18, 11:27 AM

Hey, call it what it is, it is called a MAN-BAG! :lol: :roll:

RDU-JFK
2007-07-18, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the advice...long story short there was a bird in our house and I stubbed the toe on a pipe in the process of trying to get the damn thing...

T-Bird76
2007-07-18, 12:40 PM
[quote="Midnight Mike":3a789]In the past when I did something like that, I would ice it down & then rub some Vitaim E & Aloe Vera gel on it.....

Hey, call it what it is, it is called a MAN-BAG! :lol: :roll:[/quote:3a789]

So you drive Prius and have a man bag....hmmmm its all coming out now. lol

Midnight Mike
2007-07-18, 01:08 PM
So you drive Prius and have a man bag....hmmmm its all coming out now. lol

Oh, so is that my you want to visit me in California & buy me dinner! I already told you, I am not a cheap date :shock: :lol:

cancidas
2007-07-18, 08:12 PM
a lot of ice and walk on it. i dropped a cinder block on my foot the other day and even though i didn't break anything i still had to grab a needle to get enough blood out so that i could even tie my shoe. (was very, very swolen) i don't recommend the needle treatment though....

hiss srq
2007-07-18, 08:32 PM
Matt, you do alot of things I would not reccomend. *cough*freight train in New Mexico*cough*

emshighway
2007-07-18, 08:34 PM
Can't get away from the old EMS treat thy self mode Matt?

USAF Pilot 07
2007-07-19, 12:15 AM
[quote="Midnight Mike":fc820]In the past when I did something like that, I would ice it down & then rub some Vitaim E & Aloe Vera gel on it.....

Hey, call it what it is, it is called a MAN-BAG! :lol: :roll:[/quote:fc820]

I believe the correct name for it is a "Murse".... Not that I'd know anything about that or anything... 8)

Mellyrose
2007-07-19, 10:47 AM
Thank god for The Galley. Only here can a thread like this survive.

RDU-JFK
2007-07-19, 10:53 AM
UPDATE ON THE TOE:

...it still hurts :cry:

moose135
2007-07-19, 11:47 AM
I believe the correct name for it is a "Murse".... Not that I'd know anything about that or anything... 8)

If it's not Air Force issue, you wouldn't know about it, would you :wink:

USAF Pilot 07
2007-07-19, 01:42 PM

If it's not Air Force issue, you wouldn't know about it, would you :wink:

Exactly! :wink: :wink:

cancidas
2007-07-19, 07:42 PM

no way man, saves on insurance costs... come to think of it the only time i've gone to a doctor in the last 10 years was the multiple visits to my orthepedist. i can tell you this much that after getting that blood out of my foot i am now able to walk normally without any pain. if i hadn't done that i'd probably be still limping around in sandals.

hiss srq
2007-07-19, 08:18 PM

no way man, saves on insurance costs... come to think of it the only time i've gone to a doctor in the last 10 years was the multiple visits to my orthepedist. i can tell you this much that after getting that blood out of my foot i am now able to walk normally without any pain. if i hadn't done that i'd probably be still limping around in sandals.
With regard to your limping, Jeffery said he will assist you with regaining your limp upon return to the tower. :mrgreen:

stuart schechter
2007-07-19, 08:56 PM
Badly? Tomorrow I would get an X-Ray. Can you move it?

N790SW
2007-07-19, 10:22 PM
Thank god for The Galley. Only here can a thread like this survive.

I am the expert on that one ;)

Mel don't you care about his toe =P

I hope it feels better but I heard that a broken toe cant be fixed =/ ahh!

AirtrafficController
2007-07-19, 10:39 PM
Im sure your toe will heal, the captain toe will leave no man behind :D

RDU-JFK
2007-07-20, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the advice and sympathy, all. While it still hurts the swelling has gone down. Still black and blue like no other but I think the 'needle' post to drain the blood scared me into making the pain go away LOL.

stuart schechter
2007-07-20, 07:51 PM
So you had the hiccups? Scared it away eh?

emshighway
2007-07-20, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the advice and sympathy, all. While it still hurts the swelling has gone down. Still black and blue like no other but I think the 'needle' post to drain the blood scared me into making the pain go away LOL.

You can always use leeches...