PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore, the $100,000 man

Midnight Mike
2007-07-17, 10:12 PM
Not bad, Al Gore has turned Global Warming into a very profitable business :wink:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... gore1.html (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717071gore1.html)

JULY 17--If you're looking to book Al Gore for a 75-minute "Environmental Multimedia Lecture," the former vice president will cost you $100,000, plus travel, hotel, security, and per diem expenses. Gore's standard speaker's contract, a copy of which you'll find below, also stipulates that the Democrat's ground transportation be "a sedan, NOT an SUV." Additionally, Gore requests that speech sponsors make every effort to use a hybrid vehicle for his transport.

Also no interview requests, no media or press.

$1,000 a day for per diem, per day

hiss srq
2007-07-17, 10:32 PM
What a rip off of a basterd he is. I swear.

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-17, 10:34 PM
That's the standard for any former politician. Clinton charges $125k I understand.

USAF Pilot 07
2007-07-18, 01:09 AM
Yea, $100,000 seems to be reasonable for an ex-VP and someone always in the mainstream media. I believe Giuliani also charges something close to this, as do most other "big" people.

Politics really never comes down to issues. It comes down to dollars and cents... The political system in the US is in dyre need of an overhaul....

Midnight Mike
2007-07-18, 07:08 AM
That's the standard for any former politician. Clinton charges $125k I understand.

Yeah, but, Al Gore is charging $100k for a topic that he started, "Global Warming". Al Gore keeps the fear alive & makes some nice coin, at the same time, he ignores opposing points of view, will not speak with the media or press who may challenge him as well during his speaking engagements.

In his Global Warming movie, there were no interviews with Scientists who may have a different opinion on Global Warming.

I thought Al Gore was talking about Global Warming to help the World, & not to make a buck.

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-18, 08:56 AM
I don't think he started the topic, and I don't think he SHOULD be the person defending it much. He's assumed the role as the "face" of the issue. He promotes his views, and I don't think one should expect much in terms of opposing views in their own documentary.