PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Changes - Member Action Required

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-16, 03:21 PM
Hey all,

With the new forum upgrade, we can now offer the ability to have users upload their avatars to our servers! This is great for several reasons:

- People will not need to worry about hosting their avatar

- We can keep avatars within the uniformed size of 200x200

- We can improve page loading by keeping it in-house

Because of this, we will no longer be allowing people to link to off-site avatars. So, we ask everyone to save their avatars and upload them via the "Edit Avatar" section in the "User Control Panel".

Everyone has until the weekend to do this, which is when the off-site avatars will be disabled on the site.

As for the new avatar requirements, please keep the dimensions no bigger than 200x200 pixels, and the data size of 40k and under. Also, animated gifs are allowed, but their size must be under 40k.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need help doing this.

Thanks for your help.

nwafan20
2007-07-16, 03:32 PM
Phil, im in user control panel but I do not see an "edit avatar" option

EDIT: Found it, for people who can't find it:

User Control Panel
--> Profile
---->Edit Avatar

NYARTCCFAN
2007-07-17, 10:13 AM
ok ? here what about my avatar i found it as a picture on an image seach on i cant remember yahoo or google

Matt Molnar
2007-07-17, 11:12 AM
ok ? here what about my avatar i found it as a picture on an image seach on i cant remember yahoo or google
Good question. Here's what you do.

Go to the Edit Avatar screen. You'll see your existing avatar.

If you're using Firefox, right click your avatar and click Copy Image Location.
Paste it into the box that says Upload Image from a URL.

If you're using Internet Explorer, right click your avatar and click Properties.
A popup will appear.
Next to "Address (URL)" highlight and copy the address of your image, and then paste it in the box that says Upload Image from a URL.

cancidas
2007-07-17, 04:34 PM

hit the "print screen" button, paste that to ms paint. resize the pic so that it's the size you want, save it as a jpeg and then upload that pic to the site. at least that's the easy way around it.

Matt Molnar
2007-07-17, 04:48 PM
hit the "print screen" button, paste that to ms paint. resize the pic so that it's the size you want, save it as a jpeg and then upload that pic to the site. at least that's the easy way around it.
It would be a lot easier to just right click the image and click "save image as" then upload it. In fact that also would be easier than the instructions I posted earlier. :)

nwafan20
2007-07-17, 10:19 PM
It would be a lot easier to just right click the image and click "save image as" then upload it. In fact that also would be easier than the instructions I posted earlier. :)

...That is about what I was going to say...

Right click, save image as, save to the location of your choice, and continue as you wish.

LGA777
2007-07-18, 04:51 PM
I have not had the chance to correct my Avatar yet, it is distorted, and was planning on re-uploading/resizing the same photo to the site. But about an hour ago my original avatar just returned to it's normal look prior to the changeover. Do I still need to re-upload it or as it looks normal can I just leave as is ?

Thanks

LGA777

Matt Molnar
2007-07-18, 05:57 PM
Your avatar has been fixed already, Ron. We did a few manually to make sure this would work. Yours happened to be one of them. :)

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-28, 04:55 PM
Anyone who has difficulty with their avatars form here out, please let us know here, or by emailing [email protected].

URL avatars are now no longer allowed. All must be uploaded.