PDA

View Full Version : Six injured when airliner fails to take off in Kazakhstan

TallDutch
2007-07-09, 08:25 AM
ALMATY, July 9 (Xinhua) -- Six passengers were injured when a Turkish passenger plane failed to take off at the Almaty international airport two days ago, emergency authorities said Monday.

The Turkish Airbus A-300 airliner, which was to fly from Alamaty to the Turkish city of Attalea on Saturday, suffered a sudden engine failure on takeoff and its landing gear caught fire, the Kazakh news agency reported.

Six people including two children were injured in the jostling crowd when the 213 panic-stricken passengers on board were being evacuated.

The injured were taken to local hospitals.

http://mathaba.net/news/print16.shtml?cmd[40]=i-42-9582cebb0774be7e59f770cfe21ce45e

Idlewild
2007-07-09, 08:46 AM
Is it me or does there seem to be a high accident rate with A300's? I'm not a Airbus hater but truth be told it seems that within the past six years quite a few A300's don't seem to be holding their own. Is this some thing like the early 727 years where pilots weren't flying by the book or just a run of bad luck/coincidence?

AirtrafficController
2007-07-09, 09:13 AM
Well the A300 is an old Airbus model and the age of the aircraft could of played a role in the accident.

hiss srq
2007-07-09, 10:52 AM
Well the A300 is an old Airbus model and the age of the aircraft could of played a role in the accident.
Highly doubtful. As much as I do not like airbus, the A-300 is a pretty good plane minus the common rudder issue between it and the A-310.
Than again all I know is it aboarted take off.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-07-09, 02:30 PM
The issue might be less the A300/A310 itself and more related to the specific operator. You will likely find in almost all of the recent incidents the aircraft was operated by airlines based in the developing world etc. that are perhaps underfunded and not operating to the standards that prevail in the US or Europe. What I mean is, Lufthansa and FedEx among others seem to operate these aircraft with no problem, while Ariana (Afghanistan), Mongolian, S7 etc. seem to have issues...