PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Fan Thread

jran225
2007-06-18, 05:42 AM
I am competing for the most off-topic thread in the off-topic forum. No, actually I decided that this wonderful energy drink deserves its own thread. I have been awake since 7AM yesterday morning and only slept for about two hours that night. Tonight I have been extraordinarily productive. I partied, came home and wrote a 2000 word graduation speech which I will definitely have to cut for time and even managed to drive to McDonalds to pick up a late night snack. And the best part of it - I am still not the least bit tired. And of course I owe this all to the energy drink that gives you wings - Red Bull. Because of it, this all-nighter has been an extremely enjoyable experience. In two hours from now I will embark on an 8-mile hike with some friends, followed by a cookout, followed by a graduation rehersal and then I need to pick up my cousins from the airport. Haha, I am having the best week ever! Have a good Monday everybody!

Greets,
-Omar S. :D

P.S:Phil, I would not blame you for an instant if you decide to delete this thread. :)

Derf
2007-06-18, 08:30 AM
:shock: Look out, he is gonna pop!

AirtrafficController
2007-06-18, 10:42 AM
It probably took you like 15 seconds to type the story up :lol:

Mellyrose
2007-06-18, 10:56 AM
Why would we delete it for being off-topic when it's in the OFF TOPIC forum goofball?

Now, get some sleep!!!!

GrummanFan
2007-06-18, 11:40 AM
I know several people who have gotten addicted to Red Bull. The things they can do while on the stuff is amazing. I, personally, have decided to stay away from this drink for as long as possible, sticking with the less-lethal Mountain Dew. At least that drink hasn't been outlawed in France.

nwafan20
2007-06-18, 12:23 PM
Eh Redbull is for whimps. Pick up some NOS, thats the true stuff!

It will be in a big bottle that actually looks like a NOS tank

hiss srq
2007-06-18, 12:24 PM
I am going to need redbull by the time I finish up the next three days. I think I will pick up a bunch on the way to work.

Matt Molnar
2007-06-18, 07:37 PM
I've found the sugar free version actually works better than the original.

nwafan20
2007-06-18, 07:51 PM
I've found the sugar free version actually works better than the original.

That is because you don't have the sugar crash.

stuart schechter
2007-06-18, 09:37 PM
Eh Redbull is for whimps. Pick up some NOS, thats the true stuff!

It will be in a big bottle that actually looks like a NOS tank

NOS is for even bigger whimps. Pick up a can of cocaine. Small can and holy S#!T, i was kinda shaking when i sat around. I then proceeded to run the fastest mile I have ever done!

pgengler
2007-06-18, 09:41 PM
I used to suck down Red Bull my freshman year at college; I think I built up a tolerance to it after a while, that's stuck with me for the five years since, because the last time I had one (a couple of months back) it didn't do anything for me...

Matt Molnar
2007-06-18, 09:42 PM
That is because you don't have the sugar crash.
Yep, and it tastes like piss either way so you should stick to sugar free. :)

nikon50bigma
2007-06-18, 11:52 PM
Anyone ever drink like 3 of those "monster" drinks?
I had a friend do that, and it was like a jack russel terrier on anphetamines....

stuart schechter
2007-06-19, 12:07 AM
Done it! Not to brag but it was on a 6 hour bus ride. I think we split a 24 pack between 6 people.

T-Bird76
2007-06-19, 09:10 AM
Red Bull Rocks! Mix it with some Vodka there Omar and the party will really get started!!!

heeshung
2007-06-20, 11:05 PM
Trying Red Bull for late night studying...

The first and only time before this that I've had Red Bull I didn't finish even 1/4 the can before I gave it to someone else because of the taste.

I've tried other energy drinks before (full can) and for me, I felt nothing different than right after I finish a can of diet soda.

I seem to be immune to stimulants. I've tried and can drink a large cup of coffee or cappucino and sleep soundly immediately after. Coffee or espresso usually have no effects on me that I can feel.

I very rarely have energy drinks at all...so drinking a full can of Red Bull is completely new to me. I haven't finished the can, so for the effects, I can't say for sure yet.

Matt Molnar
2007-06-22, 03:37 PM
Illegals Being Given Red Bull, Ephedrine (http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=119078&article=2302185)

Smugglers tell them it will give them the 'stamina' for dash across brush country
By Jim Forsyth
Friday, June 22, 2007

U.S. Border Patrol agents say illegal immigrants are being given a potentially deadly cocktail of energy-generating items in hopes of speeding up their mad dash into the country, but agents are worried that the items may be increasing dehydration and leading to death in the baking hot brush country, 1200 WOAI news reports today. More... (http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=119078&article=2302185)