PDA

View Full Version : LGA-CLT-LGA for the ten millionth time.

hiss srq
2007-06-15, 06:59 PM
So my trip to CLT was as usual a good one. I departed at 0740 hours an houre delayed from LGA on a 737-300 with all of the glorious creaking and groaning associated with flying that beautiful airplane. We had a fairly short taxi out to 4 and made a sweet shallow climb out of 4 and swung a long left turn crossing Manhatten at about 2500 feet and than making a southbound turn followed by a weastbound turn north of EWR skirtting the airport and than headding south to cross western Jersey and than Eastern PA. It was a rather pleasent flight with great weather and visibility all the way. We descended strait in for a nice soft spongy touchdown on 18 right and swiftly turned off and headded to the Charlie concourse. I was off fairly fast and headded to Bravo for my intended meeting location with the director of training with USAirways. A quick day in classrooms and a few meeting with old freinds from previous times passed in CLT and than off to the hotel. The Ramada is not the greatest hotel i have ever experinced but we drink free at the hotel bar there so it worked out well. I had a few before going up and went on to have a problem finding my room. 45 minutes is what it took me to find my room buried way in the back of the hotel and on the third floor. After getting in and taking a shower I had problems with my laptop and after getting an ew ethernet line as I had earlier snapped my wireless card it still did not work. Oh well. Thankfully there were a bank of computers downstairs to use. Later on I passed out and than woke up around 9 PM when a buddy in from YYZ came over and spent a good part of the evening at Murphy's pub watching a heart breaking loss for Cleveland. I really think that last lack of a foul call in the final 2.4 of the game may have turned the cards. Another day in class and than off to Murphy's pub for the free skee ball contest and live music. Oh and did I mention it was dollar beer night for all draft beers? Yep. About 15 dollars later and hanging out with some ladies it was off to the hotel with a stop at IHOP on the way for cheesecake and a Philly cheese steak. I must say Charlotte is one of my favorite places as a single man to visit inside of the USA too BTW. The next day was full of ATC and Meteorology related exams and than me and some fellow testing mates went for a few post class celebration shots of 1800 at the Tequiliria and watched afew airplanes. In 3 minutes I observed 4 727 movements including to 100 series airplanes. I saw a PanAm 727-200 two Roush 727-100's with one under tow and a FedEx daytime movement. I headded to my gate at Bravo 15 and proceeded to help the CSA's deal with passengers. I had nothing to do so why not. I enjoy getting out there from time to time around the millions of faces I get to be in charge of because I see the planes but seldom the people from high up in the tower. Finally we got on board and sat at a hard stand furthur due to a GDP for LGA. Finally we rocketed off of 36 Right and I passed out. When I woke up were were skimminmg the solid cloud deck at 5,000 feet . A trip up the east river and a stiff touchdown on 4 at LGA which is not somthing normal or at least that I am accustomed to t. I have always experinced those spongy touchdowns in the older 737's. We did some super hard brakeing and kept the TR on till we were turning off and went Bravo to Mike to Gate 11. After stopping around the airport to say hey to some freinds I drove home and went to sleep. A great trip by far but a little too short.

And no pics as I did not bring the camera.

Cheers!!!!

Ryan

AirtrafficController
2007-06-15, 10:11 PM
you are something

T-Bird76
2007-06-15, 10:52 PM
you are something

So are you... I think this post takes the cake for the most grammatically incorrect post ever.

Interesting report Ryan, but use some paragraphs my Friend. Next week I'll do up my trip report on my seemingly never ending travels to the west. I will say though UAL P.S service in First Class today was something else. I give it five stars!

PHL Approach
2007-06-16, 02:01 AM
you are something

So are you... I think this post takes the cake for the most grammatically incorrect post ever.

Interesting report Ryan, but use some paragraphs my Friend. Next week I'll do up my trip report on my seemingly never ending travels to the west. I will say though UAL P.S service in First Class today was something else. I give it five stars!

Yea and posts like that are how he puts 30 replies a day under his belt :wink: Ryan sounded like you had a good time while your buddies Ron and Matt were slaving away to give you a somewhat vacation :twisted:

AirtrafficController
2007-06-16, 09:49 AM
no I meant that in a funny way, not a negative one

LGA777
2007-06-16, 11:01 AM
you are something

Tommy, you think his grammar is bad, you should see his handwriting. In our Tower we do a fair amount of daily paperwork (logs) that record things like on-in, out-off times, aircraft and gate number, etc. Anyway Spellman's handwriting is worst in the room by far, most of my Doctors actually write better.

Cheers

LGA777

hiss srq
2007-06-16, 08:09 PM
you are something

Tommy, you think his grammar is bad, you should see his handwriting. In our Tower we do a fair amount of daily paperwork (logs) that record things like on-in, out-off times, aircraft and gate number, etc. Anyway Spellman's handwriting is worst in the room by far, most of my Doctors actually write better.

Cheers

LGA777

Ouch. you would think that with as many eyes as you have you could read it pretty well.! ;) Gotcha!!!!!! I do admit I should have been a doctor though. LOL