PDA

View Full Version : The reality on SkyBus

T-Bird76
2007-05-30, 09:44 AM
If you want a good read on the reality of the Skybus model or lack there of, read Mike Boyd's weekly Hot Flash. He does a very good job of breaking down the myths from the facts with their plan. The key term he uses is "net new customers" these are customers who have never flown and might be attracted to the loss leader prices SkyBus is offering but get turned off the lack of service. He also brings up the fact that the Ryanair model here in the U.S is not a culturally accepted form of customer service. Great article and I highly recommend the read.

http://www.aviationplanning.com/asrc1.htm

Winglets747
2007-05-30, 12:10 PM
I'll post a trip report later today on my attempted trip with them yesterday.

If you read the word attempted, you know it's not going to be good.

Matt Molnar
2007-05-30, 12:56 PM
I'm sure naysayers in Europe said the same thing about Ryanair when they first took off. "Can they make money" is a different question from "do people want it?" This guy is only analyzing the broad strokes without any numbers and he hasn't actually flown Skybus. He's entitled to his opinion, but I think there is a market for an a la carte fare structure. I believe that people have such low expectations of airlines these days, if they have the option of paying a fraction of the fare for what they think is only a marginally lower quality experience, many will do it.

mirrodie
2007-05-30, 01:22 PM
I htink the airline has a chance just as ryanair did, but I am dying to hear about Winglets attempted TR!

T-Bird76
2007-05-30, 03:34 PM
Matt, Mike Boyd is more then just a "guy" he's worked in the industry for 30 plus years and has made dead on calls on many major issues. His opinion isn't pulled from thin air but from research and experience.

Mario you can't compare the culture of Europe and the U.S, its two entirely different mind sets when it comes to goods and services.

I'm curious to hear Winglets story, I did hear there were some op issues with Skybus yesterday and the passengers were hung out to dry with no information.

hiss srq
2007-05-30, 03:43 PM
Do not get me started on Skybus. Those idiots they hired from DGS to do their ramp work are inconsiderate a holes. Thye steal from USAirways use the breakroom there etc etc etc......

Ari707
2007-05-30, 03:47 PM
[quote]I'm curious to hear Winglets story, I did hear there were some op issues with Skybus yesterday and the passengers were hung out to dry with no information.

I heard they charge for information....

mirrodie
2007-06-01, 11:58 PM
Winglets, this wasn't yours, was it? If not, you own us a trip report :)

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/100830/

Scroll down in the replies. Didn't know Whoopi Goldberg had a new career.

Winglets747
2007-06-02, 10:45 AM
Ahh sorry everyone. This week was a mad dash at finishing work. I'm working on it right now.

Mario, that A.net trip report wasn't mine.

mirrodie
2007-06-02, 12:15 PM
SHame on you Winglets!!

You are not allowed to post anything until we see that trip report!

And title it "AIR GREYHOUND" ;)