PDA

View Full Version : "Remove Before Flight" Lanyard

PhilDernerJr
2007-05-02, 07:21 PM
I've become a HUGE fan of airline related lanyards. I just got my favorite one today:

http://www.eisenschmidt.de/images/images_big/21224.jpg

For those who don't know, it's like the flags on safety pins that are kept on the nose gear of aircraft and such. I don't know what that pin DOES honestly, but I'm sure it's important.

I'm pretty pumped about this.

Alex T
2007-05-02, 07:22 PM
Now get one that says "REMOVE BEFORE SEX" for the clothing items :twisted: :twisted:

Alex

PhilDernerJr
2007-05-02, 07:23 PM
Looks like someone lost their virginity.

T-Bird76
2007-05-02, 07:35 PM
Looks like someone lost their virginity.

He only wishes..... :twisted: :twisted:

stuart schechter
2007-05-02, 07:49 PM
I just got a few aviation related neckties. I'll put up some pics later.

Mateo
2007-05-02, 09:02 PM
I've seen panties for sale in that red colour with "remove before flight" printed on them.

I can't help you on the gear pins of transport category aircraft, but on GA aircraft, there's one of those over the pitot tube - if a bug or something crawls in there, it'll screw up the whole static system.

Nick
2007-05-02, 10:24 PM
I got a bunch of those, took 'em from Hill when I ETS'd. The pins keep the gear from collapsing should the WOW switch fail or the pilot try to retract the gear while still on the ground.

hiss srq
2007-05-03, 12:32 AM
The remove before flight pin is normally associated with the hydraluc bypass pin on the nose gear of large commercial jets. It is used to bypass the hydralic pump pressure (normally around 3000 PSI) on nose steering systems of airplanes. Boeing aircraft are the biggest example I can think of. Next time you are near the ramp during a push ask the lead if you can accompany them out for the push or something and see if they will let the plane stop push with the nose gear off center. When they pull the pin watch how fast the nose gear snaps to the position of the tillar.

cancidas
2007-05-03, 06:12 AM
i've got a few flags from various aircraft lying around somewhere at home. the lanyard is pretty cool, but i'm sticking to my boeing:

http://www.boeingstore.com/catalog/dsp_large_picture.cfm?prodid=4282

PhilDernerJr
2007-05-03, 08:36 AM
The remove before flight pin is normally associated with the hydraluc bypass pin on the nose gear of large commercial jets. It is used to bypass the hydralic pump pressure (normally around 3000 PSI) on nose steering systems of airplanes. Boeing aircraft are the biggest example I can think of. Next time you are near the ramp during a push ask the lead if you can accompany them out for the push or something and see if they will let the plane stop push with the nose gear off center. When they pull the pin watch how fast the nose gear snaps to the position of the tillar.

Your best post ever. Thanks man! I will definitely do just that. :)

Midnight Mike
2007-05-03, 08:39 AM
I've become a HUGE fan of airline related lanyards. I just got my favorite one today:

For those who don't know, it's like the flags on safety pins that are kept on the nose gear of aircraft and such. I don't know what that pin DOES honestly, but I'm sure it's important.

I'm pretty pumped about this.

Phil

I am going to have to send you one of the Alteon landyards, I had no idea you collect aviation related lanyards......

madcatimages
2007-05-03, 11:14 AM
I want one too! lol
Ebay only have key chains, but no lanyards. arg.

Winglets747
2007-05-03, 01:48 PM
I got one of these at the MHV gift shop:
http://shop.flyingmag.com/ProductImages/05-10-055-KeyChain.JPG

And in case you didn't get the memo, effective July 1, 2007 these are TSA-mandated for all passengers:
http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/pics/products/2784.jpg

T-Bird76
2007-05-03, 02:04 PM
I got one of these at the MHV gift shop:
And in case you didn't get the memo, effective July 1, 2007 these are TSA-mandated for all passengers:
http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/pics/products/2784.jpg

So that's Alex's standand uniform then? LOL

moose135
2007-05-03, 02:27 PM
I got a bunch of those, took 'em from Hill when I ETS'd. The pins keep the gear from collapsing should the WOW switch fail or the pilot try to retract the gear while still on the ground.

And if you are sitting on a rocket seat, you will usually have one or more pins in it, to keep you from trying to achieve orbit while sitting on the ramp. :shock:

NYCMedic
2007-05-03, 03:03 PM
I have the "Remove Before Flight" lanyards for $10.00 each. you can email me at [email protected] if interested

Nick
2007-05-06, 10:54 PM

And if you are sitting on a rocket seat, you will usually have one or more pins in it, to keep you from trying to achieve orbit while sitting on the ramp. :shock:
True, although with the helo's I work on now, an ejection seat would be bad idea!