PDA

View Full Version : ATA DC-10's in JFK

Nick Bartolotta
2007-04-30, 05:15 PM
ATA will be operating commercial charters for Adriatic Air Eagle, a tour company, this summer between June and August. The flights will actually be operated in ATA's "new" (kinda an oxymoron, huh :wink:) DC-10-30's, and will in fact be the first passenger revenue flight for ATA's DC-10 fleet. The first flight will be operated by ATA's first DC-10, N701TZ, which is supposed to arrive in Indianapolis this afternoon from getting D-checked in San Antonio.

These flights will span 12 weeks and 24 flights. The first flight is June 9 and flights will be on Saturdays (departing), Mondays (departing and arriving) and Wednesdays (arriving) until August 31, 2007.

Here is the flight details:

Saturday
New York - Tirana, Albania (JFK-TIR)
Departing 11:30pm

Monday
Shannon – New York (SNN-JFK)
Arriving 3:55 p.m

New York – Pristina, Kosovo (JFK-PRN)
Departing 11:30 p.m

Wednesday
Shannon – New York (SNN-JFK)
Arriving 4:50 p.m

There will of course be ferry (repositioning) flights for the aircraft, however, those will be at all different times and to all different places, so there is no way to know them this far in advance. These are only the scheduled commercial charters though, and they hopefully will be running on time :P

The ATA DC-10s will unfortunately be in the Northwest color scheme, with the Northwest logos removed. There has been some talk of there being a small ATA logo on it, much like with ATA's L1011's, but I am not sure of that. What I am sure of though, is that for the next year or so, they will not be in ATA's usual snazzy gold color scheme.

I look forward to seeing many photos of it from NYC Aviation members! :D

ATAIndy
2007-04-30, 05:20 PM
Oh man, I was looking forward to seeing those 10's in the ATA colors. Do you know when that bird is supposed to leave IND?

Nick Bartolotta
2007-04-30, 05:26 PM
Oh man, I was looking forward to seeing those 10's in the ATA colors. Do you know when that bird is supposed to leave IND?

Well, first it has to GET to Indy...which seems to be going slowly right now :P It was supposed to leave SAT a few days ago, and has kept getting pushed back and back. It's supposed to now leave SAT in six minutes for IND but I'm not too confident.

It will be doing "proving run" flights in the next couple weeks. Proving runs are just ferry flights all over the place, like DFW, BWI, BGR, DFW, LAX, SEA, and of course IND. You shouldn't have any trouble seeing one in IND, especially because after each of the seven DC-10s get checked out of maintenance in SAT, they will go to IND before starting service...so there should be a couple at the ATA hanger in IND for the next couple months.

ATAIndy
2007-04-30, 07:13 PM
Great, glad to hear it. Thanks for the info Nick!

NYCMedic
2007-04-30, 07:27 PM
Hmmmmmmm I always thought ATA's slogan was "At ATA WE'RE on vacation"..... Just kidding Nick. We might be CoWorkers one day soon!!

hiss srq
2007-04-30, 08:32 PM
OMFG you mean I can go home and not only that but do it on a DC-10?!?

Tirana here I come! I guess I have no excuse anymore!

s#IT THIS DAY JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER.!!!!!!!!!!! Good lookout man!

mikephotos
2007-05-01, 09:43 AM
...and will in fact be the first passenger revenue flight for ATA's DC-10 fleet.

Of course, not the true FIRST ATA DC-10 flight....that happened years ago....

Mike

hiss srq
2007-05-01, 11:13 AM
Yep, and that DC-10 could have passed for a fried marshmellow when ATA stopped using it.

Winglets747
2007-05-01, 12:18 PM
Sweet. Late afternoon arrival is doable, but on the weekend would be even better.

When was the last time a pax DC-10 was at JFK?

T-Bird76
2007-05-01, 12:23 PM
Sweet. Late afternoon arrival is doable, but on the weekend would be even better.

Prob Biman last year.

Ari707
2007-05-01, 04:30 PM
Omni used 1 for jetblue charters to help after the ice storm

Ari707
2007-05-01, 04:32 PM
http://web01.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.ph ... 970&nseq=0 (http://web01.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5922970&nseq=0)

T-Bird76
2007-05-01, 04:36 PM
http://web01.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5922970&nseq=0

Duh, that's my pic to.... :oops:

Ari707
2007-05-01, 04:48 PM
that's why it was so easy to find i remember seeing it here

PhilDernerJr
2007-05-01, 06:05 PM

Aer Lingus hired Omni 3 weeks ago for a subservice.

Nick Bartolotta
2007-06-12, 08:39 PM
As it appears my information is outdated (I received the info in early March and the contract has since changed)...the best way to figure out what the times for the flights are is by going here:

http://www.adriaticeagleair.com/reservations.htm

Click on either city's to view the dates/times of flights.

PhilDernerJr
2007-06-12, 08:47 PM
Well, the aircraft came into JFK last night for its very first flight after obtaining flight certification!

It looks really ncie opn the inside, smiliar to the L-1011 in terms of the colors and seats.

It took an hour delay coming in, I believe due to MX at the previous station, and a serious delay leaving due to ground delays but finally got out of there I think around 2am.

I found this video that someone took while it was taxiiing to the gate.

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/ATA_ ... 061107.wmv (http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/ATA_DC10_JFK_061107.wmv)

Nick Bartolotta
2007-06-12, 08:55 PM
a serious delay leaving due to ground delays but finally got out of there I think around 2am.

I was wondering about that...that was one heck of a delay. I was especially surprised given the fact that the aircraft had a full load of passengers, and I am guessing was fully loaded with fuel because JFK-PRN is almost to the DC-10's limit, that it was able to sit on the taxiway for so long. The aircraft clocked out of the gate at 12:20am, but didn't leave till 2:16am. I'm not familiar with JFK, but I am assuming it can get busy that late at night?

I live up in southwestern Connecticut and we had a nice show of lightning and rain briefly last night so I figured it would affect JFK ops, but this is a serious delay, at a rather surprising hour. Does anyone have some more info regarding JFK ops last night?

I noticed a few flights were scheduled to leave at around the same time as the ATA flight, and left maybe 30-40 minutes later. But other flights were like the ATA one, and left four hours later...why the discrepancy?

PhilDernerJr
2007-06-12, 08:58 PM
The cpatians of many aircraft were refusing to leave the gate...not wanting to waste fuel ot crew time sitting on a taxiway for hours.

There were also a few others reasons why some got out and some didn't. Destinations, priority, crew time, etc.

Nick Bartolotta
2007-06-12, 09:02 PM
Yeah I heard on LiveATC the crew of Delta 16 to Mumbai asking for priority since they were just about to time out.

PhilDernerJr
2007-06-30, 01:16 PM
N701TZ has been sitting at Hardstand 81 outside T4 for the past two days. I guess they will just park it there in between flights? I'd figure they'd use it for a military charter or a quick LGA-MDW turn or somethng. ;)

Nick Bartolotta
2007-06-30, 01:57 PM
N701TZ has been sitting at Hardstand 81 outside T4 for the past two days. I guess they will just park it there in between flights? I'd figure they'd use it for a military charter or a quick LGA-MDW turn or somethng. ;)

They actually weren't even planning on using it on any military charters yet, because they didn't want to force the aircraft into back-to-back operations, and create fragile flight situations...but actually squeezed in some last minute military charters recently...including movements to Cherry Point, NC; Yuma, AZ; San Antonio, TX; and McGuire, NJ.

h2opunk1822
2007-06-30, 09:08 PM
the omni dc-10 is in atleast 1ce a week or so over at t-4

PhilDernerJr
2007-06-30, 09:28 PM
Omni is going subservices for Aer Lingus this summer.